one

"Serena honey, it's time to get up for school! You know the drill, be in the car in 30 minutes!" My mom called up the stairs, waking me up from my slumber.

My family was weird, as weird as they can get is what I think. My parents never let me outside of the house besides our backyard and to go to school, which was in Forks when we lived in La Push. It's a twenty minute drive to school, but my parents don't seem to mind, as long as I don't go to school with the 'druggies' as they like to call them.

I have medium brown hair, which I'm assuming is a result from my moms dark brown and my dads platinum blonde hair, and tanned skin, but I don't know where it came from because both of my parents are pale. I'm about 5' 7 and 140 pounds, which I keep trying to lose but nothing ever seems to work, and dark brown eyes, which I probably got from my grandparents or something.

I've never met any of my parents relatives, it's almost as if they don't want me to meet them, but I'm happy in my small family of 3. Sure, I wish I had a sibling sometimes, or that I had a dog, but my parents say that I'm allergic to them.

It's the middle of March, meaning that the school year is coming to a close and I'm dreading it. School ending means that I'll be stuck at home with my parents all summer with nothing to do.

I quickly got dressed in black leggings, a white long sleeve shirt, and my bead up red converse before running downstairs and into the kitchen. My mom gave me a plate that had a pancake and some fruit on it before setting a glass of apple juice down as well.

I ate quickly since my mom was rushing me, then ran to brush my teeth and grab my bag. The car horn sounded from inside the garage making me rush downstairs and into the garage, where I got into the back seat of the car.

My parents didn't let me sit in the front seat because they said I wasn't old enough and that it was dangerous, but if it really was so dangerous would they sit up there themselves?

The 20 minute drive to school was silent, I just sat there the entire time with nothing to do because I didn't have a phone, my parents said that they rot brains and fog your memory. It's kinda sad, being a 15 year old girl as a sophomore in high school and not having a phone, led alone being the only one in school that didn't have a phone.

I said goodbye to my mom before leaving the car and walking up to the school entrance. I did this every day, I waited for my friend Luke before going inside.

Luke and I didn't ever hang out outside of school, mostly because my parents didn't allow me to, but it's ok because then we have more to talk to each other about during the day.

When Like reached me it was like he was dreading talking to me, like he had bad news. "What's up Luke?" I asked, opening the door to the school.

"I have some bad news Re, like really bad news, like news that'll change our lives for the worst, like it's so bad that I think I might just die" Luke responded, leading the way to our lockers that were conveniently right next to each other.

"What is it? Did something happen?"

"No, nothing happened, I mean, we'll something did happen but nothing like death"

"Well what is it? We don't have all day, I have to get to chemistry in a few minutes and that's on the other side of the building"

"I'm moving, Re"

"What?"

"I'm moving, to Canada, my mama got a job there so my mom decided that it would be best if we moved there"

"But, but, you can't leave me!"

"I'm sorry, Re, it's not my choice, it's my mom and mamas choice, I wish I could stay the rest of the year, I really do"

"Wait, you're not staying the rest of the year? When are you leaving?"

"Today's my last day, Re"

"You can't leave me! Not with my demon parents! Who am I supposed to talk to now? I don't even have a phone to text you so I can't stay in touch with you!"

"Hey, it'll be ok, I'll send you letters so we can stay in contact, it'll all work out in the end" Luke said quietly into my ear, pulling me into a hug. "Now let's wipe away those tears and make the most of my last day here, ok? Let's have some fun"

We pulled away from each other and he wiped my tears, then he grabbed my arm and started to walk to the doors of the school. "What are you doing?" I asked, looking back at my now closed locker

"We're ditching, c'mon" he responded, pulling me to his car and opening the front door to it for me.

"But it's your last day, and I'm not allowed to sit in the front, my parents don't allow it"

"It's ok, Re, it's not like I was going to learn anything anyway, and besides, how are your parents even going to find out?"

"Ok, fine, where are we going?"

"Wherever you want to go Re, I'm happy if you're happy"

"Luke, I've never been anywhere but my house and school, how am I supposed to chose where to go?"

"That's right, well where have you always wanted to go?"

"The grocery store?"

"The grocery store?" Like laughed, starting the car, "really? You want to go to the grocery store of all places? You're ridiculous"

"You asked where I've always wanted to go, and I've always wanted to go to the grocery store and see what all the hype is about, then maybe we could go see a, what is it called, on the screen with moving pictures?"

"You mean a movie?"

"Yeah! I've never seen one of those, you know, because electronics rot the brain"

"Alright, we'll go to the grocery store to get snacks then go back to my place to watch some movies, how does that sound?"

"It sounds perfect, now let's go!" I exclaimed, all of my worries leaving my body.