chapter 3

I rushed outside, hiding in the girl's bathroom

I rushed outside, hiding in the girl's bathroom. I knew that they were going to go after me after making a scene, I've watched too many movies and dramas to know that. I hid in a stall, leaning against the locked door, I took out my phone to post on Instagram.

 I hid in a stall, leaning against the locked door, I took out my phone to post on Instagram

@peachysera : bad day i guess?
♥ 127 likes
view more comments...
@morkielee how tf did u escape so easily?
@the.hrvy she dug her own grave, i'm sorry but has to be said
@zzzhong.c i mean like, ridin' started it
@mochisungie ...

I shrugged at their comments, not bothering to reply back. I noticed that fifteen minutes had passed and I unlocked the stall, heading out of the restroom. I walked out and looked around, no one in sight. I tied my hair back and went to the main entrance of the school.

"Damn, I really need to eat", I murmured to myself as I heard a growl from my stomach. I patted my stomach as I searched for a place to eat. I scrolled through some suggested places until someone got my phone from my hands. "Let me take you out for lunch, babe"

I turned over to see that Jaemin guy holding my phone, scrolling through the options. I placed my hand out, palm facing up. "Give my phone back"

He grabbed my hand and turned it over, palm facing down and pecked my hand. I pulled my hand away from him and hit his head. "Motherfucker"

I grabbed my phone out of his hand, going away from him but he was persistent and followed me. I eyed out a familiar person in the distance, running towards him and locking our arms. "Help me out"

I whispered towards the tall guy who was surprised by the sudden action. He slowly nodded and turned around, seeing Na Jaemin behind them. He gave a questioning face towards the older boy.

"Why're you holding onto him? Is he your boyfriend or something?", Jaemin questioned. He clicked his tongue as his eyes darkened. "I thought all of you are heartbroken? Are you allowed to date your own members? Why not date me instead?"

"Maybe or maybe not, take a guess", I replied to him. I dragged Jisung and I out of the campus. A confused face greeted me as I looked at him. "Well, he was being uh, a little..."

"Like a playboy?", he questioned and I hummed in response. I looked at the time on my phone and saw that it was near dinner time already, or for me it was. "Wanna eat out?"

"Uh, why?", he awkwardly asked. He also pulled his arm away from me. "I mean like, we barely know each other"

I bit my upper lip. It was true, I barely know him yet he's the same age as me.

"I just want someone to eat with", I said and his mouth formed an 'o' and slowly nodded. "Where do you wanna eat? It's my treat since I suggested"

"Anywhere", he replied. I nodded and we ate at the nearby Subway. I took out my wallet, ready to pay as the two of us lined up. "What're you getting?"

"Uh, roast beef sandwich, for the bread it's 9 Grain Oats", he replied. I nodded and it was our turn to order. The cashier worker greeted us with a smile. "What would you like?"

"One steak and cheese sandwich and roast beef sandwich, both 9 Grain Oats bread", I said and handed over my credit card, but Jisung held my wrist. "I'll pay for it"

He handed over 20,000 won to the cashier which made me feel guilty. I looked over at him, looking up because he was much taller than me. His eyes focused on the sandwiches that were being made.

"For your drinks, what would you like?", the cashier asked, forgetting to ask earlier. "I'll have sprite"

"I'll have the same", I said and he looked down at me, pulling me over to sit down. "I'll wait for it, just sit down first"

I nodded and went on my phone as I waited. I scrolled down my feed and saw that I had four new follower requests. I checked them out, then seeing the accounts.

icyjeno has requested to follow you
hyucklee has requested to follow you
h.reonjwin has requested to follow you
dazzlingjaem has requested to follow you

"Motherfuckers thought", I mumbled as I hit decline on all their requests. I looked up to see Jisung shocked by my words. "Sorry, Ridin' members be trying to follow me on Insta"

He slowly nodded as he set the tray down, placing my sandwich in front of me, along with my drink. He did the same with his, then poking the straws in both of our cups.

"Why did you pay for it when I said I'll pay?", I questioned, placing my phone down to hold the sandwich. I looked up to him, waiting for an answer. "It's because you're—"

"If you're gonna say 'because you're a girl', I don't wanna hear it", I said, taking a bite out of my sandwich. He shook his head vigorously. "It's because you're a new member, I should welcome you"

"Well, thanks, I guess I'll pay for the next time we go out", I told him. He tilted his head in confusion. "I mean like, we'll start to hangout more because we're members, won't we?"

He nodded his head in agreement. We ate there, in awkward silence. None of us didn't want to open the conversation. It was considerable since we didn't know each other.

"So what do you major in?", I suddenly asked. He looked at me and cleared his throat before answering. "I major in Korean Language and Literature, minoring in dance"

"You like dancing?", I questioned and he nodded. I sipped on my sprite as he continued to talk. "I was supposed to major in dance, but my mom said it was too risky, so she said to minor in it instead"

I hummed, finishing up my sandwich along with my drink. We both finished and realized it was already 6pm.

"I'll go first", I said as I sat up from my seat. He nodded and waved goodbye and I did the same. "Safe trips"

 "Safe trips"