chapter 12

"Sera!! Wake up!", Jaehyun shouted from the other side of my door

"Sera!! Wake up!", Jaehyun shouted from the other side of my door. I rubbed my eyes and stared at the door. "I'm up! I'm almost done!"

"Stop lying! I know you just woke up!", he shouted and I heard his chuckle from afar. I sat up and picked out my school uniform. I headed towards the bathroom and did my usual morning routine. "Well, I guess I'm fresh now"

"I'll just do my homework in the car", I mumbled, grabbing my phone and bag, heading downstairs. I was greeted by Jaehyun who was sitting at the dining table, wearing an all black outfit. "What's with the get up?"

"Business", he shortly replied and sipped on his cup of coffee. "Hurry and eat breakfast, I have somewhere to be in an hour"

"Alright, don't rush me too much, I might choke", I joked and looked at the food that was served. "I don't wanna start my day bad"

"Right, I'll visit your college tomorrow, but make sure they won't know our connection", he reminded me and I nodded. "I mean, I was really popular at your college. So I want you to enjoy your low profile"

"Are you trying to boast or not?", I questioned, raising an eyebrow at him. He chuckled and ruffled my hair. "No, I'm not bragging at all"

"Just let me eat in peace. I don't want my hair to be all messy when I arrive at school", I said, looking at him. He let me eat in peace and he dropped me off at school. Well, not technically at the school itself but nearby, where it won't take too much attention. "Have a fun day at school, my daughter"

"Damn, are you trying to tease me that you don't have to go to this hell hole?", I asked as Jaehyun shrugged, laughing afterwards and driving off. I walked off, going towards the school campus. "Sera!!"

I turned around to see Mark and Harvey running towards me. I looked at them with disgust present on my face, seeing how clingy the two were with each other. I guess it was a foreigner's thing.

"Moved houses?", Mark asked and I nodded. "I guess Chenle told you already"

"Yeah, he did", he replied. "Anyways, how was your weekend with Jisung?"

I felt his eyes piercing into me, giving me that eyebrow wiggle, knowing what's up. I rolled my eyes the nth time for today. I looked at him and Harvey.

"It was unexpected to be honest, I ran into him and he agreed to help me out at the Kim Foundation", I said nonchalantly. "Why did you guys ask?"

"You help out at the Kim Foundation?", Mark questioned and I nodded. "I've been helping out kids for a long time. You should probably try it, it's stress relieving"

"Mark with kids? Uh no", Harvey joked and Mark hit the back of his head. "Yo that hurts!"

"Don't worry Mark, there are chefs, you don't have to cook for them", I joined Harvey in annoying Mark, who started to get flustered. "Oh right, guys"

Mark and I turned to Harvey who grabbed our attention. He clasped his hands together and stood in front of us. He cleared his throat and spoke.

"My little sister will be visiting Korea for two weeks, I hope we can all hangout together", Harvey announced yo the two of us. I nodded, thought positively since I wanted a girl to talk to as well. "When will she come?"

"She'll be here by next week, so she won't be able to join in on the bowling hangout but I hope we can hangout more with her",  Harvey replied. I hummed, taking out my phone to check who was calling. "Hello?"

"Listen up here, bitch—"

"—Don't fucking bitch me Reonjeon", I cut him off the moment I familiarized his voice. He chuckled. "It's Renjun, you little hoe"

"Yeah, sure, says the one who is the shortest in their gang", I replied. I look up to see Mark hiding behind Harvey, Mark signing a cross symbol with his two index fingers. "What do you want Renjun? I don't have all day"

"Jaemin is making me a messenger to tell you to meet him during lunch", he explained. I 'tsk-ed' and ended the call, looking back at the two. "Let's go?"

"How can you go 'oh okay, don't care' to 'fucking rot in hell you motherfucker'?", Mark questioned and we continued walking towards the campus. I shrugged. "Maybe be an asshole to me and you're dead meat"

"Sera, be honest, you're older than us, aren't you?", Harvey questioned and I laughed. "Why? Should I act my age?"

"Yes, be some little girl who annoys us all the time", Mark said and immediately shut up when he said that. A smirk rose on my face. "Wait shit no, pretend you heard nothing"

"No thanks, you heard it Harvey. I get to annoy you guys everyday", I said and Harvey glared at Mark for saying a dumb idea. "Why don't you act your age by the way?"

"I don't know, maybe it's my parents' fault. They keep saying to act mature and shit", I ranted but stopped right there when we arrived at my building, along with Harvey as we had the same morning schedule. "Bye Mark"

Time passed and it was Harvey and I's last class together this morning before lunch, then we would have to separate for our minor classes. I look at the time and see that we had ten minutes left.

"Alright class, you'll be having a partner project for my subject. The deadline would be the Friday before your exams", my teacher explained and I looked at Harvey who had also looked at me as well. "And this project, I chose your partners"

Harvey and I broke eye contact, sad that we couldn't work on the project together. We would've had it done right away, since we both were busy people.

"I'll announce the partners", my teacher said and started announcing all the pairs. I waited for my name and Harvey's to be announced. "For our last two pairs, we have Lee Felix and Jung Sera and the last two are Lee Haechan and Harvey Cantwell"

"Shit, that Ridin' member is in our class?", I questioned, looking around spotting him sitting a few seats behind us. I mentally faced palm myself as we made eye contact. I moved closed to Harvey so that I can whisper into his ear. "I wish you luck. Harvey, spare me some and distract Haechan for me. Jaemin asked me to meet him during lunch and it looks like he's here to keep an eye on me"

He nodded and acted as natural as possible. That moment, I tried to think of what escape routes Jaehyun told me the other day. That's when I remember the escape route that no one knows, well, according to Jaehyun.

 That's when I remember the escape route that no one knows, well, according to Jaehyun