chapter 4

I walked back home, looking at the simple two story house building

I walked back home, looking at the simple two story house building. I got out the keys and unlocked the door, seeing that the house was still empty. I sighed, regretting that I even wished for it to have at least one person. I headed upstairs, towards my room and jumping on my bed.

I was about to open my laptop to watch Netflix until my phone buzzed. I checked it out, seeing a message request on Instagram. I opened the chat, frustrated by just seeing the username.

dazzlingjaem

hey babe
how was your day?

damn you already slid into my dms
whats next? 🙄

i mean, my main goal is your heart
so sliding into your heart is next 😉

uh no, i have mouse traps set there
you can't slide into there

i mean, at least im stuck in your heart🤷🏻‍♂️
and im trapped there forever

didn't know you were a rat 🤷🏻‍♀️
i gotta buy myself sum rodent spray
right, i should block you
buh bye bitch

you blocked dazzlingjaem

I threw my phone to the other side of my bed as I looked out the window. It was raining again. It was raining more often to be specific. I opened my laptop and set up the series I was watching last night. I laid in bed, chilling and watching Netflix.

The boy rushed towards the local convenience store, making his way in to spot his boss. He had his arms crossed, his forehead creasing, he was definitely angry.

"Jisung, how could you be late? I thought you were different from the other part timers?!", the words came out of his mouth like a snake. "You are an hour late! You should've informed me beforehand"

"I'm sorry Mr. Moon, it won't happen ever again", Jisung apologized. His head drooped down, unable to make eye contact with his boss. "Tsk"

"Taeil, be easy on the child", a voice emerged from the distance. A man with red hair that was tied into a bun came in. His arm wrapped around Jisung's shoulders. "Next time, make sure to find someone to fill you in, alright?"

"Yuta, he'll never learn like that", Taeil argued, but Yuta made sure Jisung felt comfortable. Jisung went into the staff room to get his uniform, leaving the tense scene. He changed into his uniform and took a glance at the mirror. "You can do this"

Jisung went out and sat behind the counter, to see that the two had left already. He always took both the evening and night shift. He let out a sigh as he tapped his finger on the counter, waiting for someone to come in. His head turned to his bag, realizing he had unfinished homework.

"I'll do it during the night shift", he mumbled as his eyes looked up to the person who just walked in. He froze, but still kept his composure. His icy blond hair was swept back. He wore a black tank top and black ripped jeans. "Fancy seeing you here"

"I work here", Jisung muttered, observing the older boy's movements. He grabbed a bag of chips and a dozen of beer cans, heading towards the counter to pay. Jisung scanned it, then placing them in a plastic bag. "That'll be 47,000won"

"Keep the change", he said as he placed 50,000won on the counter, snatching the bag from Jisung's hands. Jisung stood there and eyed the boy out. "Why does Jeno have to see me here"

"Oh right", Jeno said before leaving the store. "I see that you became another target of Jaemin, goodluck with that"

He walked out and hopped onto his black Honda Fury motorcycle, placing the goods behind him in the storage compartment. He wore a pitch black helmet with white designs of flames. He revved the motorcycle and drove off.

I woke up, seeing that I slept through another episode. I look up to the wall clock in my room, 9:58pm. I got up and headed towards the bathroom, taking a late night shower. Afterwards, I wore a simple matching pajama set, a top and shorts.

I walked downstairs, hearing argues from my parents. They're home. I tried my best not to eavesdrop, but it was my first time hearing their voices in two weeks.

"I told you Junseok, we shouldn't have had the two of them in the first place", my mother said. I bit my upper lip. I listened to my father's reply. "Well, I told you that we should've aborted them in the first place!"

"Now, our son is nowhere to be seen like the ungrateful person he is", my father said. I tightened my grip on the railing of the stairs. "He should be the one paying for Sera's tuition fee. All we are doing is spending our money on useless piece of shits"

"Sera is our problem now", my mother said. I felt tears rushing up, ready to roll down any minute. "We'll have to kick her out of the house one day. Let's just try to find our son first"

I couldn't eavesdrop anymore, so I headed out the back door, not making a sound too loud for them to hear. I looked at the moon and headed near the fence, swiftly hopping over. I dusted my knees as I got up, realizing I didn't bring my phone with me.

I mentally cursed at myself since I didn't want to go back in to get it. I decided to take a stroll around the neighborhood, in my pajamas. I ended up walking near our campus, passing the Subway that Jisung and I ate at earlier. I smiled at the memory.

"Oh fuck", I cursed as I felt rain pouring on my head. I quickly looked around for places that are still open at this hour. I eyed out a 24-hour convenience store and rushed inside, being drenched. I felt cold from the air-conditioned room, I looked around to the one who was at the counter. "Jisung?"

"Sera, you're drenched in rain water", Jisung said covering his mouth as he stood up. He quickly ran into a room and took out a gym bag. "These are my practice clothes. Wear it, you might catch a cold"

 Wear it, you might catch a cold"