chapter 34

"It's Halloween!", I exclaimed in front of Jaehyun, who was watching The Nightmare Before Christmas

"It is", Jaehyun said, his eyes leaving the TV to face me. "That means it's also the day of your performance"

"Yeah", I said, sat beside him and ate some of the popcorn that he had. "It's kind of ironic how one of the seven dwarves is taller than me"

"Who's playing prince?", Jaehyun asked. He looked at his phone and placed it on his thigh, facing down. "Is he handsome enough to fit the criteria?"

"Yes, he even surpasses it", I replied. I knew that he didn't know that Jaemin was the prince, so I told him my honest opinion. "Could have came out from a story tale"

"Really?", Jaehyun questioned. "Would you be his princess if it were a fairy tale?"

"Yeah, why not?", I replied nonchalantly.

"Did you hear that, Jaemin?", Jaehyun asked, flipping his phone over to reveal that he was in a call with the younger boy. He pressed on the speaker button and brought the phone between us.

"Crystal clear", Jaemin spoke through the phone. "Goodluck on the performance, babe. I have to go first"

Jaemin ended the call and I glared at Jaehyun who was chuckling. I slapped his arm repeatedly, expressing both my embarrassment and anger. He was just laughing at my weak slaps.

"Why didn't you tell me that you were on a call with him!", I whined, continuing to hit his arm. "Do you know how embarrassing it'll be when we see each other again?!"

"I will not drive you around anymore if you keep hitting me", Jaehyun said and pointed at me.

"Why were you in a call with him?", I asked and stopped hitting him. "Since when did the two of you get close?"

"Is it that bad that I'm trying to be close with my future brother-in-law?", Jaehyun questioned.

"As if", I said and rolled my eyes. "I need to get ready for the play anyways"

I stood up and walked towards the staircase and Jaehyun shouted something.

"Hope you enjoy the kiss later!"

"Whatever, flat ass", I hissed. "Hope you don't get any rest from the kids who visit to trick or treat"

"It's good that you're early", Jungwoo said, greeting me. "You still have to get your makeup done, along with your hair"

"That's why", I said.

We went inside the multipurpose room that became a props room and a place to get your hair and makeup done. I was guided to a chair to get my hair and makeup done. It took them at least an hour. The look was very simple since it was just a quick play.