Part 1 (1/5)

Today is a day as busy as any other at the little restaurant my family runs.
The chaos last well after lunchtime, and all thanks to a crowd of lively travelers.

The hissing and popping sound could not be heard anymore. It was my cué that my mother already done finished cooking the foods that the customers ordered.

" (Y/N), Take these out to the customers for me. " said my mother who had a black eyes and beautiful (H/C) hair that she put it into bun. She wear a floral apron around her. It was really suit her as one of the great chef.

" On it! " I said hurriedly as I put the various delicious food on the plates and took out five bottle of sakes and its cups.

(L/N) (Your Mother Name) was a great cookers. She and my father were the talented duo chef in Kyoto. We were three lived in a peace and always happy. But, one day, my father being summoned to join the war. He was not a warrior, just a chef. But, Why he must go? Why did he he leave me, my mother and my little brother who was just born after his death in this harsh world? This was one of the reason, why I hate war, Why I hate Daimyo.

' Phew. There isn't even time to breathe, it's that busy day today. Still, for them to eat this much only means that they're enjoying the food. That's nice to know. '

Privately pleased, I carried plates of food out from the kitchen to seats further toward the back.

" Sorry for the wait, here you are. "

A rousing cheer erupted from the customers at nearly the same time I announced the arrival of their meals.

" Wow!! More, Lord Tsukasa! More!! "

" Yeah! keep pouring for me~~ "

" That's the spirit, Lord Tsukasa! "

With those around him spurring him on, the man in the black Kimono tips his sake cup. He dropped the cup back onto the table to a round of cheered and applauded.

" I could keep drinking for hours yet! yaaay~ " said the man in black kimono.

' He's been packing away food and alcohol for a good while now. He seems to be enjoying himself, at least. I haven't seen any of these people around here before. Are they traveleres, perhaps? '

I pondered as I tidy up all of the empty dishes.

" Excuse me. An extra order of sake, please . "

" Of course, coming right up! "

I greeted the voice to my side with a smile.

' ..... hm? Is he one of their companions? '

He quietly observed the others lively jokes and jeers, sipping gingerly at his own cup of sake.

' He looks a lot like.. I mean, A LOT like the one in the black kimono... His twins, perhaps? Why did they wear a seal paper on their cheeks though? '

I took a quick look at their appearance, the one that enjoying his sakes, wearing a black kimono and had a black seal paper on his right cheek.

While, the one that seated here peacefully, wearing a dark blue kimono and has the same seal as the other but with the white seal paper instead on his left cheek. They were both had a choppy black hair, big amber and yet sharp eyes.

A casual glanced at his hands showed the man in dark blue kimono adding soy sauce to his food. My inner as a chef kicked in when I saw that.

" Forgive me for assuming things, but... was the meal not flavoured to your liking? " I blurted out.

" Hm? " the man looked at me directly in the eye.

That was the cué for me that I am being quite rude to the customer.

" Opps... "

' I can't believe I said that! Customers are free to enjoy their food in whatever manner they like.. What am I thinking?! '

" P-pardon me! That was rude of me..... "