Tsukasa's Part 1 (5/5)

Lord Tsukasa blinked at me, his interest apparently piqued.

" Yes. It should be a bit less than a month away, now. " I said to him.

" I see~ I would like to see that! Maybe we can see it together♡ right... I really love it, if we can see that day together.. "

He breathed a sigh, face turned heavenward as he smiled again.
I looked up as well, studying the ever-shifting greens of midsummer leaves hinting towards a change of seasons.

" ..... "

I casually sneaked a glance at the profile of Lord Tsukasa's face as he sat there next to me. When the leaves have donned their red jackets...

' Lord Tsukasa will be gone. '

Having came to understand him little by little. I felt obligated to tell him the truth.

" Lord Tsukasa... "

" Hm? "

" There is something I've been meaning to tell you for a long while now... " I said then paused a moment and looking straight into his eyes with a serious face.

" The truth is, I am not the prospective bride you and your brother came here to meet. " I continued.

" You've said that countless times, but... " Lord Tsukasa gave me an unreadable face.

" That day, I was at the other restaurant to deliver some premade food, not for any sort of matchmaking... " I explained slowly and put it into more details.

" Premade food... ? oh.... I.. "

Faint surprised registers on his features, but it crumbled away into a moue of disappointment.
Guilted blossoms in my heart the second I saw his fallen face.

' He was finally smiling so brightly just a moment ago. I ruined that expression... '

The truth is, I should feel relieved now that the misunderstanding had finally been cleared up.
Yet why? When I imagined not getting to see Lord Tsukasa ever again, my heart twisted with unhappiness.

' I almost wish I were the one he came here to marry... '

For the first time, I am plagued with sadness at the thought of being separated from Lord Tsukasa.