Tsukasa's Part 1 (3/5)

" ..... "

" ..... "

' What should we talk about... ? '

I turned my attention to our surroundings to distract from the sinking feeling in my heart. Just then, I felt a sharp tug on my arm.

' Oops '

I returned to my senses in time to avoid a narrow collision with a wagon passing by.

" (Y/N), Watch out! "

I heard Lord Tsukasa calling out to me and before I knew it, I was on his arm. His right hand around my waist while his other hand grabbed on my hand to pull me closer as he was trying to get me away from the wagon.

" Oh... Thank you very much. "

" Mm hmm no problem little missy.... Whoa! $%#%! "

His whole face exploded in red as he released my hand.

" S-sorry! "

" It's okay... "

His sudden shyness was evidently contagious enough for me to had caught it. I looked away.

' I didn't expect that!!! Still, he was kind enough to help me. '

Whether unconsciously or not, even how he was walking on the more crowded side to shield me.

" ..... Ehem. Little missy~ there's a shrine up ahead. Shall we take a walk around there~ we can have a moo moo moments there~ " he singed-song and wear a mischievous face but the pink dust stay still on his face.

" .... S-sound nice. I will forget the Moo Moo part though. "

' The heck with moo moo part?! Is he trying to act differently now? I feel so off killer... But.. '

The strength in Lord Tsukasa's arms strucked me as reassuring ; Trustworthy even though he was quite... strange, playful and naughty.

We break out past the bustling crowds and out onto a meandering path towards a shrine.
Neither of us speak much as we walked until we came across an elderly woman about to brave the steps leading up.

' It must be difficult to carry so much. '

I jogged over to her, thinking I could carry some of her purchases at the very least, but...

" Oho~ little missy~ You should not carry all of that! tsk tsk~ Let me just show my strength to you as a man☆ " he said in a teasing manner as he kept on giving me his playful smirk.

He looked at the elderly woman, his eyes soften and his tone really smooth and clear when he was starting talking with her.

" Are you going to carry these up to the top? " he said while smiling.

There was it again. the dignity aura. This side of him always made my heart to beat so fast. I wondered, which one was his true-self?

" Yes, but they're a little heavy... " the elderly woman said.

" I could carry them for you if you like.. "

Lord Tsukasa relieved her of the burden a step ahead of me, then lifted the old woman herself onto his back.
You would think he was carrying a bag of feathers for all the strain he showed as he nimbly climbed the steps to the shrine.