Amane's Part 1 (2/5)

' He's coming back tomorrow? What just happened? what was he talking about just now? '

In the end, not a single thing got resolved or explained. Unable to figure out what I had gotten myself into, I mulled it over on my own.

The following morning, I entered the shop before opening hours and head off to do the shopping my mother had asked of me.

' Sigh. . . I wasn't able to sleep very well last night '

I seemed to have caught the eye of a customer who had only ever stopped by the shop once.

' He came here to meet his intended match. Why is he attempting to marry me instead? How do these things happen? '

Anxiety followed me around throughout my shopping trip and finally, I returned to the restaurant.

" You're home. " My mother greeted me just like always. Then, I heard another voice " Welcome back, (Y/N). "

" I'm back . . . " Wait a second. . . WHAT THE?!

I answered the greeting without thinking much of it, then freeze in my place. Standing at my smiling mother's side was an equally amiable Lord Amane.

" L-Lord Amane! why are you - - " I looked at him with shock.

" Hm? " He was simply replied to me.

My mother slapped my back lightly and smile brightly at me. She looked so happy that I only could give her a look of  ' What the heck? '

" You should have told me you had met such a lovely young man, Kizuna! " She said loudly while laughing out of happiness.

Lord Amane gave my mother his gentle smile and a look of apologetic
" I apologize for my lateness in introducing myself to you as well. "

My mother somehow got touché by his politeness and quickly beamed at him with a friendly smile " No! Not at all, not at all~ "

" But why . . . ? " How had he managed to become best friend with my mother all of a sudden?! I gawp like a fish, which only made Lord Amane smile softly.

" I thought, I ought to introduce myself properly to your family. Sorry to have caught you off guard. " He said as smooth as his action to me, but from my point of view, I somehow could see he was enjoying this situation.

" Err, no, ahhh, that's not quite. . . " I stuttered a bit as I tried to process what was happening.

Apparently, Lord Amane had presented himself for my mother's inspection in my absence.

' That doesn't make much sense, when I wasn't planning on becoming bride . . . '