Amane's Part 1 (3/5)

" I will return tomorrow "

' So he didn't mean simply that he would drop by for a visit. Did he mean he would pay his respects to my mother when she was around? '

I had not agreed to become a Yugi bride, nor do I had any intention of doing so.

" Excuse me, mother, I have something I'd like to say here. . . "

My mother, (M/N) looked at me with a smile and tilted her head in a curious manner. " What is it dear? "

" Maybe here's not the right place. . . "
I said to her as I secretly stared at Lord Amane. When his eyes locked on with me, I quickly turned away. I can felt his gazed burn on me. After a second passed, Lord Amane suddenly chuckled " Is something wrong? A secret matter, perhaps? "

" Er. . . " I bite my lip and swallowed my words. The situation doesn't lend itself to me saying anything, one way or another.

' Never mind, I'll talk it over with her in details later on. For the time being, I need to get through this situation without a fuss. '

Just then, I heard an enthusiastic voice approaching from outside the shop.

" I'M HOME!! "

My brother, (B/N) hopped through the doorway carrying a bundle of purchases. I assumed he had been out on errands too.
Trailing behind him was none other than Lord Tsukasa, bearing a heavy sack of rice in each arm.

' Even Lord Tsukasa is here now?! '

" Shall I set them down here " Lord Tsukasa asked my mother with a rare smile. A real smile and not a mischievous one that he always showed me. My mother quickly answered him with a matching smile of his " Oh, what a big help you are! Did you carry two of them all on your own?! "

I watched my mother and Lord Tsukasa interacted to each other with a grin plastered on their face " Um, mother. . . ? "

When she heard the awkward sound on my voice, she quickly explained to me what happened " The man we usually buy rice from has thrown his back out and can't do deliveries at the moment. Such a shame. I feel guilty about doing it, but I had them go out and collect it for me. "

I was quite taken back when I heard her explanation. I looked at Lord Tsukasa with a grateful face and smile softly at him " You did? Thank You very much, Lord Tsukasa. "

Lord Tsukasa's eye widen a bit, then he showed me his mischievous side again, " Oh really? You thanked me? Then, how about a kis-- Oof. " Before he could finish his sentenced, Lord Amane patted Lord Tsukasa's shoulder harshly with a smile that looks like a fake one.

My mother thought nothing of it, she bowed a bit to Lord Tsukasa " You're truly a big of help. Thank You. "
She smiled to both of them with a kind eyes " What a fine pair of brothers you make, both Tsukasa and Amane. "

Both of yugi's smiled back at my mother.

" Trouble yourself not. I will be in your care for the next little while, anyway. " Lord Amane said.

" Yes~ Hate to let go of Amane. . . But, I leave my brother in your capable hands, little missy~ " Lord Tsukasa said.