Tsukasa's Final Part (3/5)

" Me? " I said with confused.

My mother who was besides me all the time, looked at me and then smiled. " I'll handle things from here. You go on now. " She said.

" O-okay... " I said while smiling to her.

' I wonder who would come all this way just to see me? '

Curious, I head out to the front of the shop. The last person I would have expected is standing there waiting for me.

" (Y/N)... " 'THAT' last person I expected said.

" Tsu-- ... " I gawp like a fish.

' Lord Tsukasa?! '

" What are you doing here? I thought you'd left... " I said to him with a hint of sad.

He gave me a serious look. " After I got home, I asked my brother, Amane about everything. " He said.

" What do you mean? " I asked confused.

" About the woman I was supposed to be matched to... about YOU. " He said and hold his gazed on me.

' Me... ? '

" A - At any rate, we should not have you standing around chatting like this. Come inside. " I said to him with a smile.

***

" This is the spot where I sat the first time I stopped into this restaurant. "

I guide a smiling Lord Tsukasa into a seat and sat across the table from him as he started to make a conversation.

" It feel like such a short while ago that I was here, making a racket~ "

" It was a bit of work, carrying you while you were dead drunk " I smiled to him as I remembered back how I met him for the first time.

Lord Tsukasa stared at my smiling face and then he chuckled a bit " An undignified moment for me. Anyway, I came here because I wanted to tell you something... (Y/N) . " He said seriously.

" The truth is... "

< ///Flashback/// >

Tsukasa talked to Amane upon returning to the inn that night, after a day walking through town with (Y/N).

" Amane~ You see... hurmm it seems that (y/n) was not the woman we arranged to meet after all. I.... umm "

His shoulders slumped, his brow furrowed with disappointment, his eyes shows longing.
In contrast, Amane's response was blithe and unaffected.

" That's right " Amane said.

" WHAT?! " Tsukasa shouted and looked at his brother as if he have seen a ghost.

" The one we came here to meet... Eloped the very day we arrived, apparently. "

< ///End Of the Flashback/// >

" Eloped?! " I said with shock after hearing Lord Tsukasa's explanation.

" Mm hmm. She had no intention of marrying either of us in the first place " He said with an expressionless face.

' That's Crazy.... '