Part 1 (3/5)

' I only hope he likes them... '

I watched with my heart in my mouth as he took a bite. His face blossomed with pleasure.

" ...Mmm, Delicious! " The Amber eyes man said with satisfied and a cute smile placed on his face.

" Really? I'm so glad!! " I let out my breath that I did not realized that I was holding.

" So there are good desserts to be had in Europe as well, hm? My~ I love this big fluffy circle dessert! "

" Ahaha It's called Donuts. "

" .... If you don't mind, may I ask your name? " he suddenly asked for my name and his playful attitude immediately changed into someone that hold dignity just like I saw him at first. A samurai. The small smile on his face went nicely with his mature face.

"Of course. My name is (Y/N). "

" (Y/N) , hm? "

The words rolled of his tongue as if he was trying it out. Suddenly, there was a loud thud as something fell over. The two of us glanced over at the nearby seats in unison.

" Ehehe~ Can't~ drink~ hiks 'nymore "

A series of carafes and cups went cascading over the surface of the table. The man in the black kimono, who had been drinking steadily without a cared in the world, had now fallen fast asleep on the floor.

" Oho~ It seems the alcohol has finally kicked in. What a troublesome boy he is... " said the man in the dark blue kimono that I have been chatting with all the time.

" I'll fetch some water at once! " I said to a man beside me.

" yeah, Sorry to cause you such much trouble, my lady. "

I sweatdropped and looked at the man, not sure how to respond to his way of calling me as 'my lady' , I really cannot used to it.

" Well... Not at all, please think nothing of it. "

After that, I got some water into the black-clad man and made him as comfortable as possible.

" Are you all right? " I softly asked the man that had a similarity to a man before.

" Urrrrgh..... " he mumbles incoherent words.

' Oh no, he won't wake up! ' I thought with a worry expression shown on my face.

" I'll carry him on my back as far as the inn. " said one of the man that spurring on for the drunk man earlier that now, already fast sleeping.

" Yes, that might be the best thing. " The one in dark blue Kimono chimed in.

In the end, the one in the black kimono remained asleep and had to be carried out by his compatriots.

" Pardon the noises and fuss we've made. Thank you for the food. It was really delicious~ Truly. " said the same man in dark blue kimono.

" It's okay. Thank you for your patronage. I hope you stop by again. "

" .... "

The man paused in front of our shop curtain, casting a glanced back in my direction.

" Hm? " I'm quite confused why did he halt his move at the entrance.

The second our eyes meet, I saw a small gentle smile. He had not said anything in particular, yet he had captured my full attention.

' what a mysterious man... '

His gentle smile burned into the back of my mind from then on, refused to leave me alone.

' Why he gives me that smile... when he always show his carefree and mischievous smile before... '