Amane's Final Part (4/5)

I watched the messenger disappeared on swift heels.

' Lord Amane gave me a letter, I can't imagine what would be written in it. '

Keeping my soaring spirits in check, I pulled open the letter.

" what. . . is. . . this. . . ? "

_____________________________________

[To (L/N) (Y/N). Wait for me. It will take some time.]

_____________________________________

In an even, well-regulated hand wasp written no more than that short message.

' wait for him? what does that mean? '

Lord Amane was unexpectedly and totally absent from that day onwards.

It had been several days now since Lord Amane's disappearance.

' . . . I wonder where he is and what he's doing right now. '

My head stayed buried in my own thoughts as I tidy the shop after a day's work.
I had no word from Lord Amane since he sent me the letter asking me to wait.
Our sudden loss of contact had left me confused, but a little by little, life was returning to the way he was before he became part of it.

" Meh. . . "

I sighing as I unhook the shop curtain an pulled it down. Just as I about to re-enter the shop. . .

" (Y/N). "

' whoa! ' I nearly leap out of my skin, the voice caught me so off guard.
When I turned to look, I saw Lord Amane, standing there with a smile on his handsome face.

" Good Morning, (Y/N). "

I gasped to see his sudden appearance
" Lord Amane! Where have you been. . . ?! "

I asked, not quite meaning to. He raised a playful eyebrow.

" Hm~ Could it be that dear (Y/N) here were waiting for me? "

" I wasn't! "

I reflexively begin to deny it, but that wouldn't be true.
It occurred to me that the second I laid eyes on him again, all of the stiff tension I'd been carrying around suddenly dissolved.

Lord Amane chuckled then gave me his usual warm smile
" The truth is, I went back to Ueda. Considering the woman I supposed to meet when off and eloped, I had to return home to explain, at the very least. "