-two-

Sungjae's POV

"Going somewhere? you look in a hurry."

Sungjae ignored that voice. Now that I'm outside,  I don't have to pretend to talk to her.

"Why do you look so cold? You can be a bit nice you know..."

Still, I ignored her. Putting the helmet on my head, I rode my scooter and was about to take off when I felt someone's hand on my shoulder.

I looked at her for the first time since we got outside.

"Your bag." She handed me my shoulder bag smiling.

I stared at my bag and then her. No matter how I think about it, I just don't get her. Then her bubble gum popped making me remember where we are.

"Thanks." Taking my bag from her hand, I started the engine and left.

My next job is acting as a traffic enforcer in a construction site, and I'll be doing it until late in the evening after that I'm done for the day. I glanced at my rearview mirror and saw her standing on the same spot.

What the hell... she's giving me the creeps.

I shrugged the feeling, I'll be seeing her for a few hours everyday only anyway.

next day...

Same routine, I went to work by 3 p.m, the newbie is also there already. This time, I didn't have to show her how things are done, she looks like she can hadle herself pretty well but that smile, it irks me. Doesn't she have a problem? Smiling all the time... That annoys me but acts professionally since I'm working with her. I don't know why she's working in a cafe when it's visible that she's from a well off family.

My out is also the same with hers.

"My uncle said you're working many part time jobs, isn't it hard?"

Just like what I did yesterday, I ignored her. So she asked about me to the manager? I scoffed internally, talk about being nosy.

"Take it easy. You'll be worn out in this case."

What is she saying? Is she acting... perhaps worried about me?

"Rest if you can."

What does she know about me? Why is she acting so close with me?

*pop*

I looked at her chewher bubble gum. She smiled, showing a cat eye smile.

This girl...

I sighed, I just can't deal with her.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Sungjae-ya." She waved and went ahead of me.

I frowned. I really don't like her.

After my last job that evening, I went first in a pharmacy and in a convenient store before going to my sister.

"You're here? Good Job, Sungjae-ya."

"Thank you Joohyun-noona. I'm sorry I just came now."

Joohyun shake her head. "It's okay." she checked the IV then looked at me.

"How is she?" I looked at my sister and then back to Joohyun, my sister's nurse. She's also like a sister to him.

"Same as usual. Her breathing is normal and her injuries are healing. Give her sometime."

I sat down beside my sister's bed, holding her hand.

It's been five months since the accident, the accident that almost cost my sister's life. Machines are attached to her body as if it's the only thing that makes her live. I gripped her hand. I can't forgive him. That goddamn bastard step father of theirs. He's imprisoned now and yet, it doesn't ease my pain, my sister's pain. I shouldn't have let her live with that man when he was away studying in college.

She must be hurting so much.

"Don't forget to massage her arms and legs, okay? I'll come back later to check on her." Joohyun noona tapped my back. "And please get some sleep." she added before leaving.

"Thank you noona."

Joohyun stopped by the door and looked back at me. "It's my job."

I smiled. "I know, but still, thank you."

"You're the most welcome. Call me when you need something."

I nodded setting my eyes back to my sister's face.

I should've known. They should've known. He wasn't like that when their mother was alive but everything changed when she died. That man took all the blame to my sister saying she was the reason why their mother died.

I leaned my forehead on her hand. She's the only family that I got, I can't imagine myself living alone in this life. She's one of the reason why I wanted to finish college but because the medicine and hospitalization is costy, I have to stop and work, even their relatives gave up on them saying that they are unlucky siblings that will bring misfortune to anybody, that it's better to let her go than spend a dime on her.

Everything is giving a toll on my body. For the past months I never think twice when I stopped going to school and focused on giving everything for his sister's medication. I believe that she can make it.

"Don't give up on me Yerim-a... Oppa won't give up on you either."