-twelve-

A/n

I almost forgot to update today 😅

Sungjae's POV

Sooyoung and I decided to meet by the riverside like last time. By 6:45 I was already there waiting for her since we agreed to meet at 7.

I was too anxious that I went there too early but its better than being late, I'm the guy after all.

7 came but Sooyoung haven't arrived yet. Maybe she's stuck in traffic. I waited patiently for 15 minutes, by 7:30 I tried calling her phone but it just kept on ringing, it made me worry.

I wonder what happened. She's not picking up her phone.

It's been an hour and she's not yet there. Now I'm really worried.

I stood up from my seat and ran around the area near the river. I looked around and searched for her but still no signs of her.

I stopped on my track panting. I took my phone and dialed her number again while looking around, but it just keeps on ringing.

Moreover its the weekend, there are many people than usual, there's even an event there like a band singing requested songs so it's even harder to look for her.

There's no way that she'll forget our meet up.

My eyesight is getting blurry because of the sweat from my forehead that when I turned on my side I though my eyes were fooling me I had to wipe the sweat on my face.

Is that Sooyoung? Really?

I put down my phone on my side and stared at her, my heart beating fast.

I haven't seen her for two months that I did not realized how beautiful she is. Her smile, her eyes, everything. I realized that any color would suit her but red suits her the best, but black hair, her face shines even brighter.

Slowly I walked towards her, thinking.

🎵 You never know when you're gonna meet someone

And your whole wide world, in a moment, comes undone

You're just walking around then suddenly

Everything that you thought that you knew about love is gone

You find out it's all been wrong

And all my scars don't seem to matter anymore

'Cause they led me here to you🎵

How should I say it? How do I start? I can feel my hands sweating, I have to wipe them on my pants. Don't chicken out now Yook Sungjae.

🎵I know that it's gonna take some time
I've got to admit that the thought has crossed my mind

That this might end up like it should

And I'm gonna say what I need to say

And hope to God that it don't scare you away

Don't want to be misunderstood

But I'm starting to believe that
This could be the start of something good🎵

Because I don't know what she's thinking, I'm much more afraid of her reaction.

I stopped just a stride away from her.

"I'm sorry." she apologized looking so pity. "I even forgot my phone. I'm so stupid." She said hitting her head.

But I just shake my head. I feel like my heart is going to burst, it's full of so much emotion, I need to get them out.

"Park Sooyoung..."

🎵Everyone knows life has it's ups and downs

One day you're on top of the world

Then one day you're the clown

Well, I've been both enough to know

That you don't wanna get in the way when it's working out

The way that it is right now

You see my heart, I wear it on my sleeve

'Cause I just can't hide it anymore🎵

I took a deep breath and looked at her straight in the eyes. It's now or never.

🎵... And hope to God that it don't scare you away

I don't want to be misunderstood

But I'm starting to believe

Oh, I'm starting to believe

That this could be the start of something good🎵

"I like you, will you be my girlfriend?"