-four-

Sungjae's POV

By the time we were done dancing, I felt so exhausted but I still had the urge to go on. I looked down on my palms before I turned my gaze to Sooyoung. She's still talking to the elders and would laugh at something that they would say.

Fine, I admit she's normal.

I decided that I will treat her like a co-worker for now, I've been quite a jerk though it was just in my head. I've been thinking that she's just holding unto her uncle's tails.

After work, I saw her standing beside a scooter outside and when she saw me, she waved smiling, like a child.

I nod my head and was about to go on my way when she grabbed my neck making me choke. She let go of me immediately when she saw me choking.

"Hey! What was that for?" Why can't she just call me if she need something. 

She smiled awkwardly. "Mian." with peace sign.

I ignored what she did. "Do you need something?"

"Oh, Uhm..I saw that you didn't bring your scooter, you can borrow mine."

"What? Thanks but no need." I don't feel like being indebted to her.

"You'll be late for your next work though. You can borrow it just until your scooter is working fine again."

I looked at her exasperated. "I don't know what your on but I have no money to rent your scooter."

Sooyoung shrugged. "Did I say that I'm renting it? I'm letting you borrow it, stupid."

She grabbed my hand and put the key on my palm.

"Take care of it for me okay? Bye!" She ran off laughing leaving me speechless.

"Hey! Take it with you!!" I shouted but she just waved her hand without looking back.

I sighed staring at her scooter then to my palm. She's right though, I'll be late if I take the bus. I don't like taking advantage of others so I'll just pay for the gasoline and take care of it just like what she said.

After 3 days, I got my scooter back. I handed her the keys when I got to work.

"Thanks."

She just smiled widely popping the bubble gum in her mouth.

"You went to College right?" she asked instead.

I nodded since it was a pure question.

She handed me a piece of paper. I looked down on the paper then to her.

She laughed seeing my confused face.

"I tutored this little girl but not anymore. It pays well. If you want you can take her, if not just tell me and I'll recommend someone else."

I took the paper, "I'll take it. Thank you." I was just thinking of taking other jobs because of my scooter but she beat me to it.

She smiled, shrugged her shoulders then went back to work.

She's really a mystery. I craned my neck then let the feeling go.

After work, I still have three hours to spare so I went to the address she gave me. The parents of the kid was kind and they already know who I was when I went to their house.

"You are Sooyoung's friend right?"

I did not say anything but nod my head slightly.

"Did she say anything? She's been my daughter's tutor since she was in grade 1, it's a pity she had to quit, my daughter is quite attached to her."

I pondered for a while, thinking of Sooyoung, I remembered her smiling face. I looked at her. "I did not notice anything and she did not told me why she quit."

She smiled. "I see. It's fine. Since she recommended you, I'll take it that she trust your ability."

"Thank you ma'am."

I met her daughter who is in 5th grade and was glad that she listen well. Just like Sooyoung, she's always smiling. I can't help but remember my sister in her. I also helped her assignments then too.

"Oppa, are you sad?"

"Huh? Sorry. I just remembered something."

She smiled at me shaking her head as if it's okay. "Sooyoung unnie said that when a person I know is sad, I must comfort her or him"

"Really? she said that? How?"

She nodded. She propped on her chair then hugged me. My eyes widen.

She sat back on her chair. "Because you are unnie's friend that's why I'm telling you this. Oppa, you can't be sad okay? Unnie will be sad if she knew her friend is sad."

I gave her a small smile. "Okay. I'll try my best to smile so your unnie won't be sad."

The kid continued writing happily while I supervised her. I noticed a jar of candy with different colours in her desk, then I remembered Sooyoung blowing on her gum.

I shake my head. What's wrong with me?