-seven-

Sungjae's POV

I went to work the next day and already saw Sooyoung wiping the tables, she's not chewing a gum today and even though she's smiling, she have that solemn look on her face.

I shrug my shoulder. Not my business.

I changed my clothes and went out with cleaning tools in my hands. I saw Rose wiping the curtain glass so I walked towards her and started cleaning as well, she keeps on looking back so I followed her gaze, she's staring at Sooyoung. I stared at Rose, she still didn't notice me so I snapped my fingers on her face.

"Hey."

She snapped on her reverie and finally looked at him. "Huh? Oh, Hi. How long were you there?"

"Since a while ago. Why do you keep on staring at her? Did the two of you fight?"

"Uh? No, no we didn't. It's nothing." Rose shake her head and continued working.

It doesn't seem like they fought. Then why is she looking at Sooyoung? Not that I mind really, it's just strange.

After I'm done helping Rose, Sooyoung is at the counter so I decided to approach her. She was wiping the tables.

"Hey."

She glanced at me and smiled before going back to work.

"I forgot to say thank you yesterday." But she just shake her head. I remembered Peniel. "And my friend remembered you, he wants to get your number."

She stopped wiping the counter and finally looked at me. She pointed at herself, "Me?"

I nodded.

She smiled widely. "Okay." She handed her phone to me. "You can just type his number here. I'll be the one to text him."

I feel unsettled for unknown reason. I don't know why I feel bothered about them texting with each other. I took her phone and typed Peniel's number reluctantly then I gave it back to her.

"His name is Peniel. I saved it."

She smiled at me before giving her attention to her phone, completely ignoring me.

Just what is this feeling?

This feeling in my chest.

I stared at her but she's not minding me anymore. It's not like she bothers me unlike before and she's not being nosy. But why do I feel so annoyed?

I ignored what I feel. She's just nice to anyone, so why should I be bothered, right?

After work, with my bag hanging on my shoulder, I went out of the restaurant to find her on one side of the wall, her head hanging low and her hands in her pocket.

She looked up and brightened up when she saw me, waving at me like a kid.

"Sungjae-a"

I did not returned her greeting and got on my scooter without looking at her.

She walked towards me stopping me on driving. "Are you angry? Wae? Did I do something wrong?"

"No. I'm in a hurry."

She pouted, looking so upset and cute. Wait, did I just said she's cute?

"You're angry." She said more like to herself than me. "Let's eat again together. My treat, don't be angry at me okay?" she shaked my arm still acting cute.

I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Stop acting like we're close." I took her hand off my arm. "Cause we're not." I said then left her standing there.

I glanced at the rearview mirror and saw her still pouting, a little while she waved at me and smiled.

I looked ahead, her face imprinted in my head.

Park Sooyoung, what have you done to me?

It's a day that I'm tutoring Naeun, it really pays well that I think I can quit working as a part time traffic enforcer every night. I recalled Sooyoung recommending me this job and thought I was too harsh at her earlier.

I'll apologize when I see her tomorrow.

When I'm done at Naeun's place, I strode my way out with my scooter.

I'll visit Yeri today then go home after. On my way there, I had to pass by a river, though it was already late at night there are still people hanging out there, mostly couples and friends.

At the corner of my eyes. I saw Sooyoung sitting on a bench her back on me. I recognized her immediately because of her long red hair. Though I can't tell her expression.

I decided to stop and walked towards her. Without making her notice, I sat beside her.

She must've felt my presence so she turned her head at me, removing her headset.

"Why are you here?" She looked around. "Are you alone?"

I nodded, without looking at her, I handed her a drink.

She smiled, taking it from my hand and clasped it with both hands. "Thanks."

I glanced at her. "I'm sorry for earlier."

She just shake her head, still smiling.

"It's okay." She looked at me in the eye. "You can hurt me all you want Yook Sungjae. I'll take all of it." She said making me confused.

I stared at her and saw the purity in her eyes. I said the harshest words to her, ignored her and yet here she is, still smiling at me.

I couldn't help but ask her, "Do you like me?"