-nine-

Sungjae's POV

She's back on chewing her bubble gum again. One week has passed since the last time I talked to her. She's still the same, bubbly as ever and her hair is still blazing red.

Sometimes I think to myself that I'd like to have a bit of her confidence and the habit to smile.

I just noticed this recently but the regular costumers of the restaurant keeps on looking for her when it's not her shift. How should I put it? It's like she brightens people's mood in an instant.

But why am I thinking of her? She's just a co-worker.

"Right Yerim-a?" I glanced at my sister who's still sound asleep.

A smile crept on my face.

"It's going to be alright, right? You'll wake up, right?" I held her hand. "I was thoughtless that I exploded right in front of her face. But she said that she's okay. What do you think I should do?" She helped me with the tutor as well.

I snapped my fingers. "Right. I'll treat her to a meal."

While staying there, I read the books that I borrow and just fall asleep.

The next day, I waited for her outside of the restaurant. She was shocked when she saw me.

"Why are you here? Don't you have work?"

With my hands in my pocket I looked at her.

"Naeun is at a school trip. She won't be home for 3 days."

She looked confused. "Then why...."

"Let's eat. My treat."

Her mouth dropped. Is it that surprising? It's just a meal though.

"You in?"

She looked dazed for a moment before nodding her head.

"Let's use my scooter. Leave yours here." I walked ahead towards my scooter.

She looks bothered but still rode my scooter.

***

When we arrived at the place, She just looked up and stared at the signage.

"Why here? This place is expensive." She turned around tugging my jacket.

I looked down on her hand holding me. For some unknown reason, her small pale hand, tugged a string inside my chest.

"Since I treated you in a convenient store, the same should be with me as well."

"But-" Even before I could finish what I wanted to say, she already dragged me to convenient store.

We sat side by side eating our noodles.

"We travelled here for nothing." I said slurping on my noodles.

"You should have consulted me first then." She answered with her head hanging low.
She also added, "Back then, you decided where you wanted to eat even though I was the one treating you so I should do the same."

Right. I didn't thought of that.

He continued eating in silence admitting that it's indeed his fault.

They both ate while staring on the glass curtain where they can see the road, trees and other buildings that is now covered with snow.

"What season do you like?" She asked out of nowhere.

I did not think hard for a reply, "Spring."

Sooyoung nod her head. "Cherry blossoms are really beautiful."

"You?"

She replied immediately. "Autumn." She smiled widely. "I love autumn the most."

I stared at her. The way her hair gives contrast to her face and sorroundings gives her a different look.

"When did you dyed your hair? And why red?" He asked, he just got curious about it now.

Sooyoung smiled looking at him. "Last Autumn." She ran her finger over her hair and stared on the tips of her hair.

"It was actually supposed to be blonde but then I saw the red leaves, I loved it, so I decided to go with it."