-thirteen-

Sungjae's POV

The world seemed to stop. I can't hear anything else other than the beating of my heart as I waited for her answer.

She's looking at me with a straight face, I can't seem to comprehend what she's thinking.

"I'm not a great guy, I mostly have imperfections and I can't really treat you to expensive food but I deem myself as an important person to someone I love, I can only give you myself Sooyoung... The most important thing about me that I can only offer to you is my heart... " I said without looking away. "I will treat you well with all my heart Park Sooyoung, I'll cherish you."

Her straight face that was void with any emotion was suddenly exchanged with tears. It's the first time I saw her cry.

It ached me to see her cry, so I pulled her in my embrace. Patting her head lightly and rubbing her back slowly, I comforted her.

"Why are you crying?"

She didn't answer but shake her head.

"Is that tears of joy then? Does it mean your saying yes?"

She took a step back away from me, holding both my arms for support, I didn't drop my hand from her waist either.

Her eyes looks puffy and red but she's still beautiful anyway.

"Are you sure about me?"

I smiled nodding my head. "Of course. I don't say things that I'm not sure of."

Sooyoung bit the bottom of her lip staring on my chest as if thinking so I let her be, I wiped her tear stained cheeks with the back of my hand as I waited. I can't seem to let go of her in my arms.

"Okay." She said all of a sudden, making me stare down at her still swollen eyes. Smiling she added, "I'll be your girlfriend."

My eyes widen, "Really? Really?!" My smile became wider as her answer gets inside my head. I feel so happy that I spun her around making her squel. People were amused staring at us. When I put her down, I hugged her immediately. I've never felt so happy for a very long time.

" She said yes! She's now my girlfriend!"

The people who were around clapped their hands and congratulated us. Sooyoung was too embarassed, hiding her face on my face and lightly slapping my chest.

"You don't have to announce that."

But I don't care. I don't like getting attention myself but I feel so happy that I wanted to announce it.

I let go of her, holding her hand still smiling. "Let's eat. I'm hungry."

She tugged my hand making me stop on my track. "You haven't eaten yet?"

I shake my head. Oh boy, I forgot she's strict when it comes to food.

I put my arm around her shoulder to ease her anger. "I wanted to eat with you. And we're going to eat now right?" But she just pouted letting herself be pulled by me.

"Wait, I have to call uncle, I did not told him where I was going." She opened her pouch and looked for her phone.

I gave mine to her. "You forgot your phone, remember?"

She stopped searching inside her pouch and smiled. "Oh right. I'm so stupid." she laughed taking my phone on my hand.

But as soon as she took my phone, it rang. The caller is Irene noona, Sooyoung handed  me the phone.

"Answer that, it must be important."

I smiled, answering the call saying 'hello' . Sooyoung and I stared at each other waiting for Irene noona's reason to call.

"Sungjae-a you need to come here to the hospital immediately."

Upon hearing her franctic voice, I dropped my smile. Sooyoung was puzzled of my reaction.

"Did something happen to Yeri noona?"

Irene was sobbing when she replied, "... She finally woke up."