-sixteen-

A/n

Thank you for reading as always. 😊 I didn't realize I was already at chapter 16 lmao

***

Sungjae's POV

Another two months passed by when Yeri and I came back to the City, We settled down on a rooftop room, just enough for our current budget.

She said she will tutor too and I decided to work in a convenient store for now.

Before the new semester begins, we intend to save money for the remaining months that we're not yet in school. Peniel and Changsub helped me prepare the documents I need to get back on studying. They were furious though when they just knew I was dating Sooyoung from my sister's post in SNS. I was not trying to hide it nor not tell them, they just found out about it sooner than I expected.

Now I'm outside of the house that Yeri is in, she's tutoring an elementary kid from a rich family. As much as I can, I don't want to leave her alone when I have free time.

I decided to call Sooyoung to know what she's doing.

"You missed me, didn't you?" she said as soon the call went through.

I chuckled, "Yes." I admitted without hesitating. I really miss her. "What are you doing right now?"

"Mmm... I'm writing."

I don't know why Sooyoung doesn't go to school but I never dared to ask her why, there seems to be a reason why she stopped and I'm waiting for her to tell me herself the reason, there's no rush.

"Writing? Writing what?"

Sooyoung laughed on the other side suddenly. She's my girlfriend but she's really weird sometimes or maybe it's women's things, they laugh for no reason.

"A letter."

"Are you applying?"

She laughed again but louder this time. Jesus, I think she's insane.

"No- no pfft- HAHAHAHAHA"

"Park Sooyoung, are you high or something?"

They said laughter is the best medicine but if you laugh for no reason, you really need medicine.

But I feel like her laughter is a virus for I didn't realize that I'm laughing now too. It's not that something is funny but hearing her laughter, I couldn't help bursting out from too.

"Oh gosh, my jaw is now hurting from laughing."

A corner of my lips lifted. "Okay girlfriend, what's so funny?"

Sooyoung cleared her throat to stop herself from laughing. "... I just miss you, that's all. You're wearing 'it', right?"

I lifted my arm and stared at the bracelet, it was a gift from her to me on my birthday. "...Yeah."

"On my birthday, I want something too okay? Not expensive things, something that I could just remember by. Something that you don't have to buy."

"Something I couldn't buy?"

"Mm."

"Ok, I'll think of it." I know she's not being considerate about my money, I think it's what she truly wanted, something that she can just remember without spending.

We said goodbye after talking a bit more before we hang up.

A car stopped suddenly just infront of me, the window was rolled down revealing a man in suit. He's like a guy you'd just find in televisions, like a rich business man. He smiled politely at me while I just nod my head since I don't know the guy.

"Are you a college student?"

I nod again.

He handed me a business card. A Entertainment.

"Are you interested on being a model or an actor?"

"No." I said immediately, showbiz is not my thing.

The man chuckled, "Straightforward, I like that. You don't have to answer me immediately,  call me once you think it through. I'll be waiting." He said then started the engine and left.

I was left staring at the business card on my hand.

An actor?

Not gonna happen.