-eight-

Sungjae's POV

Sooyoung stared at me for a whole minute then smiled, "What do you think?"

What I think? She's kidding right? It's not like I can see what's going on in her head. How the hell am I supposed to know? But if I'm going to based on her actions, girls in the past does things to him like what she did, does that even count? That's just her nature though, that, I can guarantee.

Even before I could reply, she added, "Yes, I like you... "

My mind went blank. I couldn't hear anything but the beating sound of my heart.

She looked away still smiling. That smile of her, will it never fade?

"...as a person."

Yeah right. I should've known. I forgot to think that this girl will never get serious.

"Even if I do, I'll never tell you."

Her statement got me thinking. So does she like me or not? Which is which? Argh! She's confusing the hell out of me!

"So don't sweat it. And the thing about hurting me, It doesn't bother me at all so don't worry." She tapped my back.

"We are humans, at some point, we will explode no matter how long our patience is."

"You, have you exploded before too?" I'm a year older than her but she looks like she's not bothered about anything at all. She's got that look in her face that says she went through some hardship but maybe I am wrong.

"Of course, it's not like I'm a human, what do you think I am?" she acted pretty, blinking her eyes at me. "A fairy?"

Geez...

"Can't you cooperate?" she said when she saw the disgust on my face.

"I don't know about fairies but you look like the mermaid cartoon character." I forgot the name, she also have a red hair like her.

"Ahh... Ariel? Do I look like a fish to you?" She pouted.

"Yeah, a carp fish." especially now that she's pouting.

She pouted even more. He stifled a laugh.

"How's Peniel?" I asked nonchalantly.

She stared at nowhere as if recalling something then laughed. "He's nice"

"I see." Dam*it. This uneasy feeling again.

After finishing her bottle of drink, we parted ways. I went to the hospital while she went to the opposite direction.

Sooyoung's POV

I walked on the dark alley and got inside the metal door. My uncle is counting the money on the counter when he saw me.

"Lost again?"

I nodded.

"Wait for me. It won't take long."

I made myself a cup of coffee while waiting for uncle to finish what he's doing. I sat there staring at my coffee.

It's getting worse.

I'm getting worse.

It's so dark.

There's nothing I can turn to.

People who will see me at my state might not believe that it is me. Because the me right now looks helpless and lost, with no smile to spare.

I want to smile, I want to continue smiling but sometimes it just get into me. I have no tears anymore. I cried a river before that I can't cry anymore.

I plopped my arm on the table and stared at uncle. He must've noticed me staring at him, he smiled.

"You're drinking coffee, something is bothering you, am I right?"

I did not answer. Only my uncle knows my situation.

"It's him, isn't it?" He said once again.

Still, I did not answer.

"Sooyoung-a... Can you hold it in? You promised your mother only until Autumn, it's still months away."

I know. I know what he means. I only have until September so I have to hold it in.

I want to continue looking at him. Just until the end of Autumn.

And only then I will leave.