Chapter 18 {Pulling Through}

~ Yumi's P.O.V ~

"Oh Yumi, up so early?" My mother's smile welcomes me once I step foot inside the dining hall. Her pink hair that I inherit tied nearly in a bun as her baby blue eyes gazed upon me.

"Yes. My friend, Cynthia had invited me to a play date at her place" I politely informed her as I silently sat down. Breakfast was already prepared in front of me.

"Cynthia? Oh your new friend, correct?"

"Yes," I answered shortly, digging into my breakfast.

"Oh sweety, I'm so happy you're finally making friends!" She gushed in happiness though I failed to realize what's the big deal.

"Wait is my ear hearing right? Did our Yumi, the very icy cold Yumi actually made a friend?" My....barely tolerated older blonde brother walked in. Though he's five older than me, he still acts completely more immature than me. Maybe Father had actually dropped him as a baby? I should ask next time...

"Yes, she did! Isn't it just wonderful?" Mother continued to express her happiness.

"Well spill it, sis! I wanna every detail!" Yaegar went right up to my face, completely invading my personal space. His baby blue eyes shinned hopefully at me.

"If you really want to know, it all started with a little something called Nanya"

"Nanya? What in the world is Nanya?" He still didn't get the memo.

"None of your business" I turned away, trying to finish up my breakfast before going to Cynthia's place.

"Yumi, please play nice with your brother" Father scolded as he entered while carrying my two years old sister. Amusing enough, he had such aloof expression while Hazel was playing with his face.

"Apologies Father" I nodded my head while Mother took the pink ball of sunshine from him.

Now with everyone here, the morning seen livelier though that's mostly due to Mother, Hazel and Yaeger. My Father and I simply enjoy our breakfast with a word unless we were spoken to.

"Oh Yumi, it almost slipped my mind. When are you leaving then, dear?" Mother asked me.

"Just little after breakfast" I simply stated.

"Then how your father take you there?" Mother offered before smiling at the aloof man. "You don't mind, would you honey?"

"No"

I shrugged, not really caring who takes me. Besides, Father doesn't seem busy lately despite being Viscount so I wouldn't be burdening him too much.

"Yuyu!" Hazel squealed in delight once I stood up from my seat. "Sorry, Hazel but I gotta get ready" I pat her head before leaving the dining hall.

The Campbell Household, the family I was reborn to unexpectedly but I managed to get used to it despite the oddity of this new world. Hopefully, I could get more clear answers once I meet Cynthia again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Third Person's P.O.V ~

"Contact me once it's over" the aloof Viscount informed his daughter once they have arrived at the Claremore Mansion. "Yes Father" Yumi nodded before exiting their carriage.

The pink-haired girl waved farewell as the carriage slowly disappear from her sight. She sighed as she began walking forward-

"Yumi!" Someone called her from behind.

"Oh Kathryn, it's just you" Yumi stared as the green-haired girl, who just arrived.

"Well hello to you too" Kathryn rolled her eyes.