ENG - Chapter Six - Love is Hard

Vee invites Singto to visit a shopping mall on weekends to help her carry shopping bags, as well as ask him make a report regarding of his side job as personal affairs informant. They headed to a restaurant for lunch together after shopping while talking.

"Has anyone tried to approach my husband?" Vee asked the point at Singto.

"Ahem..." Singto was like been slapped by the question and cleared his throat for a moment before answering nervously. "N-nobody..."

"You are lying!"

"Why would I lie to you?" Singto returned her words.

"I feel like you stand on his side and  helping him somehow..."

Singto did not believe his hearing. "You don't believe me?"

Vee did not answer, but her expression showed doubt. "Do you think I can trust you?" she returned Singto's question.

"Then, you can fire me anytime..."

Vee didn't replied, she looked at Singto straight and seemed like want to say something.

She looked hesitant for a moment before continued. "The real reason I choose a male secretary to be my husband's secretary is..."

"You had told me the reason..."

"Nope." she cut. "That's not the whole story..."

Singto raised his eyebrows, waiting for the words.

"Actually my husband...has a disease...which is arguably quite strange..."

Singto was surprised and wondered what she meant.

"I do not understand..."

Vee took a deep breath for a moment before continue.

"Pha has had a sexual disorder since he was a teenager, he will be easily aroused just by touching his sensitive parts..." then she trailed off.

Singto widened his eyes in surprise when heard the fact as he recalled about what happened some time ago, where Pha looked nervous when the nightclub woman tried to seduce him, and last time when he accidentally touched Pha's little brother. Now he understood why Vee tried to keep all women away from her husband's side.

"Aw, so that's why you're worried that he might accidentally have an affair?" Singto asked.

"Er...about that..." Vee seemed hesitant and seemed to hide something else. "No, he won't..." she added.

"What do you mean?"

"There is something else that prevent him to touch those bitches..."

Singto was thinking for a moment. "He...doesn't like woman?"

"What? Of course not!" Vee snapped. "Then, who do you think I am?"

"Aw, sorry..." Singto swallowed hard awkwardly. "So, does he has another secret?"

Hearing the word of 'Secret' Vee's expression changed immediately.

Singto raised his eyebrows and asked. "Did I say something wrong?"

"No, never mind..." said Vee, then immediately changed the topic. "By the way, I'll be leaving again, but don't worry, it won't be long...I hope you can take care of Pha for me..."

A smile carved on Singto's face when hear that but soon disappeared when heard the last sentence. Of course he would take good care of the Pha even without being asked, but he was curious about one thing.

"Knowing of his condition, why don't you stay by his side to look after him instead of go on trip and leaving him alone, giving others a chance?"

Vee glared at him and retorted. "I already told you about my reason of traveling alone, do you want to say that I'm not a good wife?"