ENG - Chapter Nineteen - Finding Love

Vee was sitting by the pool in her apartment alone, swinging her legs, causing splashes of water on the surface and forming waves, then stopped and a moment later the surface of the pool was calm again as before.

She thought if only the family conflict in her case could be like this pool water, it would be great.

Vee looked down and saw her reflection in the pool, her memory drifted back to the accident that took her baby away, three years ago.

She forbid Pha to attend a reunion and had a fight with him because of that. Now she regretted it very much. If she did not lose her baby back then, maybe today their baby has turned into toddler, Vee thought.

"Even if you jump into the pool or jump off apartment building, it won't change anything..."

Vee was surprised to hear the voice of someone who sounded familiar and turned away.

Singto walked closer and stopped less than a meter from Vee, then climbed to the edge of the pool and sat cross-legged, staring at his reflection in the pool.

He heard the whole the two conversation that night from in front of the door.

"How do you know?" replied Vee. "Maybe I could try that idea, by attempting suicide and threatening him not to leave me..."

Hearing that, Singto burst out laughing. "Maybe he complied with you at first, but I'm sure he will find a way to send you to a mental hospital before he goes crazy..."

Vee gritted her teeth in annoyance and retort. "Are you here to laugh at me and celebrate your victory? You're the real wolf in sheep's clothing!" accused Vee. "If it wasn't for you, Pha wouldn't leave me, if you didn't tempt him, he would always love me..."

"If he really loves you, he won't betray you..." Singto replied.

"You're the one who gave him a shotgun to shoot me, you lit a bonfire in my house and burned it down, you are the one who caused all this to happen!!!"

Vee overflowed all of her emotions and shed tears.

"Well, that's because you gave me a bullet and provided the firewood..." Singto replied. "Besides, you shouldn't leave your house empty and give the key to a thief to burn your house..."

"Jerk!"

Singto laughed, then sighed for a moment and changed the topic.

"If you are given the opportunity to repair your home again, what will you do?"

"What do you mean?"

"I offer a repair services..."

"What do you want?" Vee asked suspiciously to him.

"Didn't you accuse me of...taking advantage of the opportunity when you were away and seduced your husband?" Singto asked with a faint smile. "Therefore, I want to give you the same opportunity..."

"I do not understand..."

Singto took a deep breath and explained. "P'Pha has made an agreement with you, that he will not divorce you...until your baby is born..." then pause. "I will leave him and disappear from his life during that time, so let's make it fairly...try to rebuild your home while I'm away..."

Vee was surprised to hear Singto's words, and wondered if he was serious or just joking.

"What is your reason for doing that? Are you sympathetic to me or just playing with me?! "

"Aw, are you refusing my offer?"

"No...I..." Vee immediately shut her mouth.

"So you agree?" Singto raised his eyebrows and smiled broadly.