ENG - Chapter Eighteen - The Conclusion

The next day...

Vee came to the office and found Singto's desk was still as empty as the day before, she grinned and asked in a sarcastic tone. "Does he not want to work anymore? You better replace him immediately! Irresponsible!" then walked to the sofa and sat carefully.

Pha was staring straight at her with an unpleasant expression, and threw an envelope which was a letter of Singto's resignation on the table.

Vee read the title of the letter and looked surprised.

"You won't see him again...."

"He resigned?" Vee asked in disbelief.

"Are you happy now?"

"Do you approve it?"

"Do you think?" the man asked in unhappy tone.

Vee froze at the sight of Pha's reaction, then took the letter and read it. A smile was etched on Vee's face. "I will immediately create a vacancy and find a new secretary for you ..."

"No need!" cut Pha. "Just mind your own business!"

"What do you mean?" Vee glanced at him with a suspicious expression.

Pha ignored the question. "Oh, I forgot to tell the good news..." he paused and added. "CEO Kim has agreed to re-sign the contract..."

"Really?" She comment briefly and wondered how CEO Kim change his mind all of a sudden, though his wife refused to receive a calls from her.

"This is the last thing Singto did for the company to correct his mistakes before he resigned..." said Pha.

Vee wide-eyed in surprise and did not believe it.

"He did?"

Pha told her about Singto begging the CEO and apologized.

"So you mean we should thank him and invite him back?!" Vee asked in sarcastically. "He made a mistake, he supposed to be corrected it, but that doesn't mean he deserves another chance!"

"Really?" Pha respond casually then called an office boy into his office.

Vee's face was pale instantly, he glanced at Pha and wondered what was his plan.

"Can you explain what happened?" Pha asked the office boy, who looked nervous and stammering, telling the chronology of what happened when Singto was called to the HRD department, and at that time Vee also was there.

He claimed that he entered the office to pick up trash and accidentally nudged the document on the table, causing the contents of the documents scattered on the floor and randomly rearrange them back to its previous position.

"You don't need to look for scapegoats..." Vee commented. "He should have checked the contents of the envelope again before delivered it, this is called unprofessional..."

Pha clenched his jaw strongly and cut. "My question is...how can the contract cancellation letter be coincidentally exchanged with the original document?"

"You have to ask about that to Singto!" said Vee. "Maybe he did it on purpose..."

Pha squinted his eyes and was looking her straight with a suspicious expression.

Vee realized that, then thought for a moment and asked. "Are you accusing me?"

Pha lost his temper and showed the nail polish on the end of the envelope, which has the same color on Vee's finger right now. "Can you explain it?" asked Pha to her.

Vee froze instantly with a pale face.

"I don't want to explain..." answered Vee. "Because after all you will not believe..."