ENG - Chapter Twenty One - Wedding Plan

Pha woke up late because of exhaustion due to driving all day, when he opened his eyes he could not find Singto and panic instantly.

A moment later, he glanced at his watch and guessed that Singto must had leaving to work. Pha sat on the bed, recalling Singto worked in a factory to pay off debt, made his chest felt squeezed.

He let out a long sighed, then walked out to the living room and met Singto's mother. The woman looked at him with a look of surprise and nervousness, then smile stiffly while offering him breakfast.

The atmosphere between the two was awkward. Singto's mother kept watching and staring at him with a suspicious look, but Pha tried to ignore her and enjoy his meal.

After eating, Pha did not forget to contact the project manager, asking him to send experts and some workers to repair Singto's leaky roof.

"May I know where Singto works?" Pha raised a question, chewing the bread in his mouth.

The woman nodded and gave him the factory address, then asking. "How long have you been together?"

"Er...one year..." Pha answered nervously.

"He never told me about this..." the woman sighed. "Maybe because his father always told him to look for a girlfriend, we didn't know that he..."

"I can understand your feelings..." commented Pha.

"How can you understand?"

"Maybe you will find it hard to accept at first, but if you willing to look further and put your position in between, you will understand that...love grows like a tree regardless of gender."

Singto's mother looked surprised by Pha's words, undeniable, she had to admit that her future son-in-law was very good at talking.

"Tell me how you met ..."

Pha looked doubtful and thought whether he should tell the truth. "Er...Singto worked as my secretary, and five months ago we parted because there was some misunderstanding, but now we have resolved it and decided to start over..."

"Do you truly love him?"

"Yes, of course..." Pha answered without thinking. "That's why I'm here..."

Singto's mother hesitated for a moment while glancing at Pha, and was recalling the view from last night.

Around 2 AM, she went to Singto's room and open the door carefully so didn't make a sound, and was shocked when saw Pha was sleeping by hugging his son like a bolster, with all their clothes scattered on the floor.

"How Singto can be pregnant?" she asked all of a sudden, with an expression of astonishment.

Pha almost choked on food when he heard the question and coughed instantly.

"That's..." Pha swallowed hard and cleared his throat, thinking how he should explain it. "Haha..." he laughed awkwardly for a moment and let out a long breath.

"Er...I shoot it inside him..." he answered quick and immediately finished his breakfast, then said excuse to the bathroom.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pha drove to the location of a traditional fabric factory where Singto's working and watched from a distance through the guardrail, some workers were washing and drying cloth that had been dyed under the sun. Pha's eyes were busy moving around looking for the figure of Singto, but he couldn't find it.

He then glanced at his watch which showed at 10:49, Singto would take a break for another hour, but the man told him that he could not leave factory before working hour end.