Pair Of Rubies

My life is not as easy as people consider it to be. I have my own set of problems like dealing with peabrains at school, my over ambitious parents and my future pack.

Before I start telling you about my story, I'll introduce myself. Hi, I'm Kim Taehyung and I'm the omega of the Mangata pack. I have lovely sapphire eyes which go well with my silver fur with few stripes of black. My dad Kim Allen is the Head alpha. I have two brothers one is the next alpha in line Kim Joon and Kim Won who's a beta. They are twins. Then there's she.. Kim Yu-ra, the most annoying mother of all time, but annoying in a good way. She's more like a friend and I'm her favourite child...shh I don't want to make my brothers jelly. She's the best Luna this pack could ever ask for.

I'm an omega, let me correct it..a male omega.. Because of which my life is not as jolly as inside my pack house. I have to deal with hormonal alphas and betas and I can't accept the fact that humans too try to bully me. I'm the top student of the school, a nerd they call me and plus a male omega.. No matter how much I try to hide myself, they always find me because of my scent.

It's getting dark already, maybe I should go for a stroll in the surroundings.. and by that I mean to say, the woods. Hopefully no one catches me. Dark things have happened in this place. Things that I have only heard but I can't even talk about. Many people have lost their lives here. Many have gone missing. But that is history, way way before I was born. This is the place every parent warns them about, mine also did. But, I love the forest. It's my own personal escape. I love the feeling of the fresh air on my face, it's like mother nature is cleansing me. I feel safe. I smile and move further in the woods to go to my spot.

It's been so many years since me and my cousins built this tree house without our parents knowing and it's still the same. Except, now it's only me who visits it. This place holds a lot of memories.

I don't know how long I've been sitting here, just admiring the dark, listening to the crickets chirping. I look at the time and decide to return before my mom starts creating a nuisance.

I almost reach to the pack house when I heard a soft rustling behind me. I stopped in my tracks to turn but I decided to ignored it and walked away.

_

As I entered the pack house, I saw my mom jumping in excitement over something my dad said and immediately her eyes met mine,

"Oh my baby tae is here!" and she enveloped me in a bone crushing hug.

"Mom! You're acting like you're seeing me after ages." she laughed and pat me on my shoulder.

"Get freshened up and come down for dinner." I nodded and walked towards my room..

After dinner I went back to my room and sat near the window. It was dark, if it was a human he probably would've lost his eyesight trying to see in the dark. But I'm a werewolf and even though I'm an omega my eyesight is the best, even better than few of the alphas. It helps me see things perfectly in the dark. The weather seems to be really pleasant than what you feel during the day. I close my eyes and sit still on my window, just taking in my surroundings.

When I opened my eyes, I saw the most beautiful pair of rubies floating in the dark. Wait! How is that possible? Those are someone's eyes. My sapphire ones were fixed on those rubies. Looking at the color I understood it's an alpha so I quietly retorted back and closed the window to avoid any trouble.

Suddenly.. I heard a howl..