Moon Goddess

[unedited]

"It's time." that's all grammy said as I started making my way to the sacrificial ground. Many are crying, some are happy, some are depressed, whereas I'm just confused. I don't know what do I ask? Or do I even have to ask? She's our goddess, she's aware of everyone's problems and doubts so she must be knowing about my worries too. Do I start bombarding questions to her? Or wait for her to just give me answers. I'm so nervous. What is she think I'm some fool and decides to take me away with her?

Lost in my thoughts I don't even realise that I have already reached. I turn back to see my parents and friends, standing a few feet away. I look up to the sky and close my eyes trying to focus on the blinding white light that affected so many lives in just a matter of few minutes. As I'm focusing I hear a sweet voice almost like honey is flowing,

"You may open your eyes."

I did as told and slowly I saw the surroundings calming down, the frantic howls lessened, the birds started flying back to their nests, the trees were no more swaying to the breeze that wasn't blowing by like before. Everything seemed to calm down. The blue moon was still blue as ever and the black patches on it were still visible, the clouds had partially started to cover the moon which added more to its beauty. The white light that was passing through the sky seemed to go back in reverse as if something was pulling it back. The night sky was blue that reflected the moon well.

The last beam of white light came to an end slowly and suddenly as though someone lit fireworks. A strong light emerged from a single point almost like water ripples. I lifted my hand to cover my eyes from this sudden blinding light. When my eyes got comfortable to the light I let my hand down and saw someone coming out from within the light. It was a female. She was beautiful in all her glory, with her petite figure, small face with flawless skin, long wavy hair that. She looked unreal. I was so lost in her beauty. I felt as though she was pulling me towards her. She was covered in white almost as if all the light had been reflecting from her. I noticed there's a halo around her head and then it striked me, it's her...

"The moon goddess."

************************************
Bang.