Lifting Weights

Jimin POV

"She's full of shit, Quae! I never touched her or anybody else!" Quae storms past me and straight to her room. I follow behind her but stop dead in my tracks when I see the full bag on her bed. "Why are you packing?"

"I don't trust you Jimin. I was vulnerable the other night and you took advantage of that by lying to me and convincing me to have sex with you!" She throws more clothes into the bag and fights to zip it.

"No, uh uh! Fuck that." I walk over and unzip her bag pulling her clothes out. She shoves me and grabs everything trying to stuff it back in her bag. "I never lied to you or took advantage of you. I couldn't live with myself if I ever hurt you that way! Why would you believe her over me?"

"The bitch has an ultrasound! It's awful convenient you start hanging out with me and Hobi and Tae all of a sudden and talk about how you and Sunnie are 'taking a break' because things got 'too intense'. She's pregnant, Ji! Congratu-fucking-lations! Your lying conniving ass is going to be a baby daddy!" She shoves me again this time slapping my chest.

"Dammit, Quae! Stop and listen to me!" I grab her hands again and wrap them around me. She struggles to get away. "Look at my fucking face!"

"I don't ever want to see your ugly ass again."

"Look at my face, Lilith Thalia," I say sternly but calmly. She raises her eyes to meet mine and my heart aches with the pain hidden in them. "I would never hurt you. You are my best friend and I have never kept anything from you, secret or otherwise. Why would you doubt that now?"

"Let me the fuck go, Jimin."

She's angry and as much as I don't want to let her go, keeping her here isn't helping our relationship. I release her hands and she snatches her arms back from me. She zips her bag up and looks at me expressionless. Before she leaves, she smacks the shit out of me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

"Oh she big mad, huh?" Hoseok chuckles handing me another beer. It's been a week since I last talked to or saw Quae. We've never been apart this long. "So, you already know my next question, don't you?"

"I never had sex with Sunnie. I don't know who's kid she's carrying but it's not mine." I drop my head on the back of the sofa and sink into the cushions. "Which is doubly fucked up because that means she was cheating on me for at least, what, two.. three months or more?"

"How can you be so sure? You were so drunk you still aren't even sure of what happened the night you and Quae had sex, Jimin. How do you know something like that didn't happen with Sunnie?"

I shake my head adamantly. "No! No way in hell, Hobi. Sunnie didn't want me drinking or smoking which is part of the reason I didn't hang out with you guys the way I used to."

Hoseok uncrosses his legs and sits up in his chair. "And what was the other part?"

"What?"

Hoseok scoots closer to the edge of his chair. "You said 'part of the reason'. What is the rest of the reason you stopped hanging, Jimin? Honestly?"

I chew on my bottom lip deep in thought. Closing my eyes, I answer, "I messed up so bad, Hobi. Quae will never speak to me again."

"What is the reason, Jimin? What kept you away from us?"

"I think I vaguely remember parts of the night with Quae. I think I may have-" I stop and lean forward setting the bottle on the table and holding my face in my hands. Digging my palms into my eye sockets I groan, "I think I may have told her some things I've kept to myself since she came out."

"Oh shit. What did you say?" He picks up his beer and takes a swallow.

"I think we had sex again and right when I came I-" I run my fingers through my hair. "Oh for fuck's sake, Hobi! I think I told her I loved her and I'd been saving my first time for her."

There is sudden spray of beer across the coffee table and into my face. I jump back in disgust. "You were a fucking virgin, too? After all the shit you gave Taehyung about being one and you were in the same boat?"

"Tae isn't a virgin." I state making Hoseok gasp. "He lost it when he was wasted one night in college. He regrets it and remembers nothing about her or what happened. She avoided him until the end of the semester and dropped out. He doesn't even remember her name. Don't you dare repeat that either." I demand pointing at Hoseok.

"I kissed him." Hoseok blurts out drinking his beer immediately after.

"What the hell, man? You're gay?"

"No, I'm not.. I don't think I am. I'm not sure. I don't think I am because I'm still attracted to women but at the same time I wanted nothing more than to kiss Taehyung the other night when he dropped me off at home. Liquid courage assisted and I just went for it. I was so scared but I fucking did it." He slumps in his seat and sighs deeply. You could visibly see the weight lifted off his shoulders.

"What did Tae do when you kissed him, Hobi? Did he kiss you back?"

"He didn't, but it didn't last long enough to be that kind of kiss. I remember kissing him and parting my lips but he pushed me back. He told me good night and left."

"Have you talked to him about it since?" For some reason it doesn't come as a surprise that Hobi kissed Tae. A part of me felt there was some tension between them for a while.

"We talked the next day. I apologized and blamed the alcohol. He said he figured so. End of conversation." Hoseok sets his beer on the table with a disheartening look. "I think I feel something for him, Jimin and I know I shouldn't. I mean, I'm not gay but when I look at him I feel.. something."

"Try talking to him about it. Taehyung is a good guy and gay, straight, or anything in between, you're still his friend and that won't change." My phone buzzes with an incoming call. "Speak of the devil," I say showing my screen to Hoseok.

He groans. "Don't tell him I'm here, Jimin. For the love of everything sweet and pure please don't."

I answer my phone nodding in Hoseok's direction. "So you do still live, Jimin. Good to know. So why haven't you been answering my texts?" Taehyung sounds irritated.

"I've had things going on. What's up, Tae?" Hoseok watches me nervously.

"Have you heard Sunnie's pregnant?"

"Yeah I heard about the bullshit she's trying to pull saying that it's mine. I know for a fact it's not." I'm still pissed at her for lying on my name.

"Yeah, no shit. It's Seokjin's."