Ready

Jimin POV

After our delicious anniversary dinner, I inflate the pink balloon for Quae. She watches wordlessly as she absentmindedly caresses her lower stomach while she nibbles her bottom lip. My eyes glance to hers finding them instead locked on the rose colored balloon in my hand. "Are you sure you want to do this? Don't do it unless you're absolutely ready."

Quae blinks a few times, her eyes fill with moisture, before she takes the balloon from my hand. "I had to accept the fact she existed and a part of me deep down wanted her before I could learn to let her go. I don't want to hold on to what was when I have you and the prospect of what could be if I allow it." She sniffs before stepping to me on her tiptoes to kiss my lips softly. "I love you, Jimin. I'm sorry I've never said it before."

My heart flutters. Quae has told me she loves me for the first time. I'm speechless.

"Please say something. I feel like I could throw up from nervousness and those steaks were expensive," she jokes meekly, sniffing back tears.

"I love you so much, Quae, and for so long. But nothing compares to hearing you say you love me for the first time." I stroke her cheek with my thumb wiping away the lone tear that has made its way down her face.

She turns, kissing the balloon once, and says, "Until we meet again, little one." She hesitates for just a second and I swear I hear her whisper something. I open my mouth to assure her it is okay if she isn't ready, but before I can say anything the balloon rises into the air.

We watch the globe drift into the air slowly and dance through the sky. I wrap my arms around Quae and she holds onto my hands until the balloon can no longer be seen. An odd feeling of calm rushes over me when she sighs, but I don't question it as this was meant to be a release. "Will you shower with me before bed?"

Quae laughs. "You can't get enough of walking in on me in the shower?"

"What can I say? You look good wet."

------------------------------------------------

As tempting as it is to crawl into bed naked, Quae kills that idea when I see her grab one of my old sleeveless shirts from the dresser drawer after we shower. I throw on a pair of joggers and head to the front door before checking the balcony doors making sure both are secure.

I walk into the kitchen and grab a bottle of water from the fridge taking a few swigs before loading the dishwasher and beginning the cycle. When I return to the bedroom, Quae is already in bed facing away from me with the blanket pulled up over her shoulder.

I hoped we would make love tonight but if Quae is already asleep I don't want to wake her. I sigh to myself before slipping into bed quietly.

Quae moves just a bit but doesn't acknowledge my presence. I lay in bed watching the breathing outline of her body under the blanket. I love her so much and am so lucky she decided to stay with me. I thought she changed her mind two years ago when I told her I wanted to marry her that day, but instead she chose to stay with me and exchange our vows.

Taryn threw away all of Quae's belongings. Quae didn't want any of them replaced.

I think back to our evening. I always enjoy when I am with my wife and I love being able to call her such. Even though I apologized for allowing her to feel my sadness at not being a father, I'm glad that she knows. I couldn't have held it in any longer.

We should have talked about it by now but I could never find the words to express how I feel without worrying how it would affect Quae. She offered women to me that she herself approved to carry my child. I refused and still do.

If I'm meant to have a child, it will only be by my wife. I never want to touch another woman.

I remember Quae said she wanted me to initiate sex sometimes. I would love to have sex with her everyday. I love the way it feels to be inside her. Just thinking about it is causing a reaction.

I scoot closer to her until I am right against her back. I slide my arm around her waist and am pleasantly surprised at what I find.

Quae is totally naked.

I explore as much of her warm flesh as I can and it isn't long before I'm fully aroused pressing against her ass as I kiss her neck and shoulder. My hand caresses her breasts and rolls their peaks between my fingers before making its way down her stomach. I feel it quiver under my touch. I squeeze her hip as I suckle the tender flesh of her neck before dipping between her legs.

Quae reaches around and tangles her fingers in my hair while she lifts her leg to drape over me. "It took you long enough, Ji." She chuckles breathing heavy and grinding her ass against my erection.

"I thought you were sleeping. I didn't want to wake you. I was being considerate," I reply nipping her earlobe and kissing more down her shoulder. I slip my fingers into her heat and she moans deliciously. There's yet another surprise for me.

Quae is wet. Gloriously wet.

I groan and pause my movements. "You already prepped yourself?"

She rolls onto her back still grinding her center into my hand. "No. That is from you touching me the way you did." Her words are breathy.

"You feel amazing." I kiss Quae deeply and sink my middle finger into her. She gasps.

She reaches down and gently snaps the waistband of my joggers. "I thought you wanted sex tonight. That can't happen with your pants still on."