Nerves

Jimin POV

"Come on in when you get here. I'm not ready yet." Taehyung says over the phone.

Quae and I haven't spoken in over two weeks. When I returned to the hospital the next day, she had one of the nurses tell me I was no longer allowed to visit her. Taehyung told me he picked her up when she was allowed to leave and she moved back in with him.

Taehyung has been texting me to let me know how Quae is doing but it was mostly about how he's tried to talk to her and she's kept herself shut up in her room.

I'm back to not functioning normally. I don't sleep and my work is suffering which is causing more stress. I told Taehyung I don't remember the last proper meal I had so he thought it would be a good idea to take me to dinner as kind of a pick me up.

I'm anxious about going into his apartment because I know Quae is there and I don't want to upset her any more than I already have. I reluctantly open the front door, carefully making my way to the kitchen and am greeted with the delicious smell of meat and potatoes.

Taehyung looks up at me smiling as he plates the food on the counter in front of me and lays a fork next to it. "Hope you're hungry."

"I thought we were going out to dinner. You're not trying to poison me are you?" I raise an eyebrow at him. My stomach growls.

Taehyung laughs at the sound. "Good to know you trust me," he sets a second fork next to the first. "She hasn't eaten either." He nods to Quae's closed bedroom door.

I gulp worriedly and don't move. "She hates me, Tae."

"She needs you, Jimin. Nobody knows what the two of you are going through right now except each other. Go to her." He turns taking the pan from the stove and placing it in the sink to wash.

I take the plate and both forks to Quae's door, knocking gently twice.

"Go away, Taehyung," she says and sniffs.

I open the door slowly easing inside before closing it quietly behind me. Quae is standing in front of the window crying silently into the evening sky with her hands in the pockets of her wrinkled baggy joggers. Her hair is down and looks like it hasn't been brushed in a few days.

Setting the plate and silverware down on her dresser, I make my way over to her. I can feel her pain increase the closer I get until I am right behind her where the pressure is unbearable. I see the reflection of her face in the glass wrecked with hurt and loss and I feel so ashamed.

I caused this.

I don't know what to do so I do the only thing I can think of. I step into her once more before slipping my arms through hers and around her body in a loving embrace and pressing my cheek against the side of her head.

Quae tenses for a second before her body relaxes nearly going limp. She places her arms on top of mine and leans her head into me as her sobs deepen, her pain finally spilling out audibly. Her knees grow weak causing me to hold her tighter, supporting most of her weight to keep her standing.

I close my eyes and cry with her.

------------------------------------------------

Taehyung POV

It's been more than an hour since I heard the crying from Quae's room go quiet. I walk to her bedroom door and lean in listening for any voices before opening it just enough to see Jimin holding Quae as they lay in bed sleeping. He embraces her to his chest as if he needs her to breathe and, in a way, he does.

I'm pretty sure Quae hasn't actually slept since coming home from the hospital so to see her at peace enough to rest is a relief. I don't understand why she doesn't get how much she and Jimin need each other.

I close the door and head to my room to shower before bed. Checking my phone before I head to the bathroom, I see I have a text from Hoseok.

Hoseok
Are you busy?

Taehyung
Not really. What's up?

Hoseok
I know it's late but can I come over? I need to talk to you.

Taehyung
Sure. I was about to shower. Give me 30.

Hoseok
K. See you soon

Hoseok and I haven't talked much the past few weeks but I figured it was because Quae was staying with me and Jimin wasn't happy that she picked me to room with instead of Hoseok. They have always been closer than Jimin and I especially since Jimin found out I had a crush on Quae when we first met.

I shower and dress a few minutes before Hoseok calls. "Hello?"

"I'm in the parking garage. Is Jimin up there? I think I'm looking at his truck." Hoseok sounds nervous.

"Yeah. He and Quae had to talk. They're in her room. You coming up?" I walk to the refrigerator and grab a soda.

"Is it too much to ask of you to come down? I don't want to bother them. They need time."

"I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that. Yeah, give me a second to slip on some shoes and I'll be down."

I make it to the garage and tap on Hoseok's passenger window. He is inside scrolling on his phone so he jumps at the sound. He's always been a little skittish.

He unlocks the door and when I open it he says, "You scared me. I didn't expect you to make it down so quickly."

I slip into his passenger seat and shut the door. "Sorry about that. So, what's up?"

"How are they?" His eyes dart up before locking on mine again.

"They're sleeping. They need it. What's going on with you?"

Hoseok sighs and nibbles his top lip as he twirls his phone in his hands. "I wanted to talk to you about.. that night. I know we talked about it the day after but I wasn't completely honest with you."

"I didn't think you were." I twist in my seat to fully face him. "You meant to kiss me, didn't you?"

His lips quiver when a single tear rolls down his cheek. "Yes, I meant to do it. I'd wanted to do it for a while and being drunk seemed like an excuse to try it."

He turns, staring in my eyes.

"And the bitch of it all is I've wanted to do it again ever since."