Saying Goodbye

Jimin POV

I stand when Quae comes from the exam room. Her eyes and cheeks are red and she grabs my hand with only two words 

"Let's go."

She's quiet most of the truck ride home, only staring out of the passenger window occasionally wiping away a stray tear. I reach over and take her hand silently letting her know I'm here for her.

"Do you know what that bitch had the nerve to say, Ji? After she told me the baby was completely gone, she said my husband and I should wait at least six months before we fucking try again. Then when I told her I was a lesbian she tsk'd and said 'Such a shame. You're a lovely young woman' like being gay meant I was supposed to be disgusting. Fucking cunt!"

"Don't put up with that nonsense. Next time, you should go to another doctor, Quae." I squeeze her hand.

Her head snaps in my direction and she snatches her hand back. 

"What the shit do you mean 'next time'? You and I aren't having sex ever again and I'm not interested in having sex with any man, period!"

"Baby, I didn't mean it like that. I meant when you need to see a doctor for your lady visits," I try to soothe over glancing back and forth between Quae and the road ahead. 

She's pissed.

"Stop fucking calling me 'baby'." Quae twists her whole body away from me and doesn't speak for the rest of the ride back to Taehyung's apartment.

I barely shift my truck out of gear once we make it back into the parking garage before Quae hops out. She slams the door shut and takes off towards the apartment.

I follow behind, making it to the apartment a minute after she's shut the door. Opening the door, I am stared down by Hobi's slack jawed expression and Tae slow chewing popcorn on the sofa. 

"What did you screw up now, Jimin?" Tae asks throwing a few more pieces of popcorn in his mouth.

"Fuck you, Tae." I blast back, heading for Quae's bedroom. 

I open the door and am hit with Quae's body. She wasn't expecting me to walk in when I did as obvious by the clothes in her hands. I frown at her curious as to what she's doing.

"Don't give me that look, Ji. I need to get away from here." She shoves past me cramming clothing into a bag on her bed.

My chest tightens. "Where will you go? When will you be back?"

"I don't know the answer to either of those questions. I just need to go. Here is too much of everything and I can't deal. I need to get away for a while."

"Please don't leave me. Or let me go with you. I'll take off work and we can go on a vacation somewhere. Just please, don't leave by yourself." I watch as she continues to pack not listening to anything I've said.

"No. You need to find someone else to give all of your misguided emotional bullshit to and I need some time alone."

She zips her bag and throws it over her shoulder leaving the bedroom. I follow right behind her. 

"Quae, no! You can't leave! Damn it, stop! Listen to me!" I scream only to be ignored.

Taehyung and Hoseok jump up from the sofa running to us to find out what's going on. 

"Quae, what the fuck are you doing?" Hoseok asks.

"I need some time. Don't let Jimin follow me." She hands her house key to Taehyung and he looks at us confused. She grabs him by the shirt and pulls him down to her, whispering something in his ear. She turns to me with tears pooling in her eyes and she says "Make the most of the rest of your life, Jimin."

Quae heads towards the door and I attempt to follow but Taehyung puts one hand on my chest stopping me. "Let her go, man. She needs this."

"Get your fucking hands off me!" I yell trying to smack his hands away. 

He keeps pressing me back and soon Hoseok has restrained my arms aiding in the struggle. 

"Don't do this! Let me the fuck go! Quae! Please don't leave me! PLEASE!" I scream, pleading with hot tears streaming down my face.

"Jimin! Stop it, dude! She needs to go for her own reasons." Taehyung uses his calming voice.

"What did she tell you?"

"Jimin, I can't -" He starts, shaking his head but I stop him.

"Tell me what she fucking said to you before you stopped me from keeping her here with me!"

"She said she needs to heal on her own.. and she couldn't look you in the eyes and say goodbye."