Moving Out

Quae POV

"I wouldn't ask if I could go by myself, Tae. Please!" I beg over the phone. I can't believe I'm asking him to do this but I don't have another choice.

I've started my period and I had to stop using tampons because I bled through three in an hour. I only had two pads and I've used them both as well which prompted me to text Ji and ask him to bring me pads ASAP because I can't make it to the store on my own.

My cramps are killer and I feel like I need to vomit. I've always had bad monthlies but this one is the worst I've ever had. 

Ji replied half an hour later saying he couldn't leave work or he would get his ass chewed. After as much time off as he took when I left, he's paying for it now.

I called the only other person I thought might be able to help me, Taehyung.

"I don't know anything about buying stuff like that, Quae. Besides, it's embarrassing. Like, what would I look like buying shit like that?" Taehyung whispers through the phone. He's at work as well.

"You would look like the most considerate boyfriend in the world buying his girlfriend pads. Tae, please! I can't go on my own and I can't sit here on the toilet til Ji gets off of work."

"Fine. You owe me though. Send me a pic of what you need. I'm headed to the store now." Taehyung sighs. 

"The door is open. My cramps are bad and I'll be laying down in my bed. Thanks again, Tae." I hang up and try to clean myself enough to make it to my room with a towel I can lay under me just in case I bleed through. 

I take two steps into my bedroom and my vision goes blurry. My head swims and the last thing I remember is my phone ringing before I hit the floor.

------------------------------------------------

I wake up wrapped in crisp white sheets. There is a needle in my arm and I can't tell if it's taking blood or giving it. The room smells of disinfectant which isn't a bad thing I suppose as long as this is a hospital.

I shift in bed and my whole body feels weak as I try to lift myself to get in a more comfortable position. I roll my head over to the side to find Ji sitting in a chair with his elbows on his thighs, hands balled into a fist against his lips, tears staining his red cheeks.

He looks like he has been crying for quite some time.

"What happened?" My voice is dry and weak. 

Ji raises his head and starts to cry harder. "I'm so-so sor-sorry, baby." He chokes out. He reaches over to hold my hand.

"Did I pass out? I didn't realize I lost that much blood." 

"Why didn't you go to the emergency room?" Ji holds my hand tighter.

 "Why would I go to the emergency room because of my monthly?" I question. 

Ji's eyes widen and his mouth opens slightly in shock. "You didn't-"

The hospital room door opens and a middle aged woman in a white coat strolls in with a serious look on her face. Her dark hair is pulled up in a bun on top of her head with ringlets decorating her face. Had there been no strands of gray I would've guess her to be in her early twenties. She's kind of hot anyway.

"Hello, Lilith. I'm Dr. Daisy. It's nice to meet you under the circumstances. How are you feeling?"

"Weak. Confused. Why am I in the hospital?"

Dr. Daisy's pouty lips form an O shape as she looks at Ji. 

Sniffing and wiping his nose on the back of his hand, his eyes dart to the floor, ashamed.

Returning her gaze to me she says, "You weren't aware of your situation?"  

"What are you talking about?" I look from the doctor to Ji and shake the hand I'm still holding. "Ji?"

Ji doesn't tear his eyes from the floor when the doctor continues. "Lilith, it appears you are about six weeks pregnant. The tissue-"

"What the fuck did you just say?" I muster all my strength to sit up, dropping Ji's hand. I look back and forth between Dr. Daisy and Ji waiting for someone to tell me I didn't hear what I just thought I heard.

"I'm so, so sorry, Quae. Please believe-" I cut Ji off.

"You ASSHOLE!" I shout.

"Lilith, please calm down," Dr. Daisy soothes. "You are having a miscarriage. What you believed to be menstruation was your body expelling the contents of conception." 

Ji drops his head into his hands and sobs hysterically.

"How much longer do I have to stay here?" I ask ignoring him.

"At this point you have more than likely already passed all of the major tissue so -"

"You mean the baby? You mean to say I've already passed the.. the baby?" I swallow. Ji has curled into himself and is rocking back and forth.

"What would have become a fetus, yes. You've lost a considerable amount of blood. I would like you to stay at least through tonight and we'll see how you feel tomorrow. I'll give you two a moment." Dr. Daisy steps out of the room. 

My breathing is shallow. I'm lost in my own head when I feel Ji's hand curl around mine.

"I'm sorry, Quae. I don't how many times I can say it and I know it doesn't help anything."

I snatch my hand from his grasp, not looking in his direction. "I thought you used protection, Ji. How could I be pregnant if you used protection?"

"I really tried to tell you the second time we were together. I told you I found the condom in my jeans pocket, which I did, but it was unused in my wallet. I don't know why I didn't think to use it the first night. I guess I was just so excited about being with you finally and I was so drunk all common sense went out of the window."

"And you neglected to let me in on that tidbit? You know what, fuck you. I'm moving out as soon as I'm released and I won't be back this time."