Part nine: settling in

Vixen~

It's been a day since my birthday and I've gone to my cousin's house and took Fuchs with me. That's what I decided to call the dog Foxy got for me. My room they set up is larger than I'm used to.

Its walls are dark red along with white splatter paint on the walls, then the carpet is white so it's going to be freaking hard being careful in trying to spill shit on it. Plus the puppy and it's accidents. Then my bed is all white again accidents... With red covers and red pillows. Then white shelves that are fasten to the walls with animal books and my favorite Maximum Ride by James Patterson. And some Fox figures that are holding the books on the shelf. Then a white and red dresser in the corner and a walk-in closet by the window that also counts as a small bed.

I sigh as I sit down on my bed and watch Fuchs run around his new home and play around with his toy Olaf from Frozen.

I giggle at the way he plays with it tackling and grabbing it by it's neck and shaking the hell out of it.

I gasp and look around seeing if my saxophone is anywhere in my new room.

I stand up and walk around the while room while the carpet feels awkward on my bare feet.

Fuchs looks at me and tilts his head and follows me bounding after my feet.

I open my walk-in closet and find my saxophone in it's white case that had black writing on it saying
Vixen Von'Helck

I sigh in a relief and walk back to my bed and flop down on it.

Fuchs licks my hand that's dangling off the bed and I grab him by the scruff and lay him on my chest, smiling while he yawned and stretched out then fell asleep.

I soon closed my eyes and drifted into a strange dream.

~dream~

I fell from the sky landing in a dark place. Wet, cold, and damp. I felt around on the cold floor of the place I was in. I soon saw light and raced towards it. When I reached the light I came to a pond. I looked into the water and stumbled back out of fear, terrier, and confusion.

I was a fox. And better yet, I was in a forest. In the wilderness. Where I can be hunted down like the real animal I'm meant to be.

I twitched my nose and looked myself over. My coat was a light orange-reddish color. I had a white sock on my right paw then a with sock on my hind-leg paw. My nose was a light pink and the rest of my coat was red blending in with the orange.

I yipped and twitched my ears all around, hearing for other foxes or predators..

I yipped louder and stumbled around feeling a tad bit awkward walking on four feet, better yet paws.

After a short time I got a reply, a male. And he sounded close. I jumped and started out in a trot then a run to the male fox hopping he could give me answers on what is going on here.

I kept running until my lungs felt like they were going to burst. I coughed and sniffed around looking for the male.

My ears perked up when I heard movement in the leaves not 5feet away. I walked over to the area and found the male.

He was all red with his dark places on his coat, he was missing his left paw and had a huge scratch on his right eye. He was way bigger than I am. I only reach up to his neck with my ears.

He realized I was there and perked up his ears as well and came closer. He reached out his nose towards me while taking careful steps.

"W-what are you doing?" I yipped then step-sided realizing that I just talked.

He came closer and sniffed me all over, ears to stomach to tail.... He didn't want to miss a spot.

"Ho' are ye lass?" He trotted a circle around me then stopped on my right side and stood beside me.

"W-who am I?" I didn't really understand what he said, but I was right he nodded.

"W-well..... I'm a fox..... And my name is Vixen." I mumbled then heard him snicker and then burst out laughing.

"Well what's your name?" I snapped back starting to walk away from him.

"Foxy...." He grumbled. I fell and laughed and laughed until I cried. And a fox crying is weird I know.

Then he came over and haunched over me then mumbled into my fox ear.

"Don't worry it won't matter after this..."

"After wha-?!!!"

~end of dream~

I jumped up gasping from the dream, Fuchs was on his puppy-pee-pad using it. Good boy!

Man.... T-that dream was..... something...

I sigh and look at my phone seeing the time.

1:56am

I shrug and stand up and grab Fuchs and his leash and my phone while shoving on my boots that make me a inch taller. I look for a course to see where the beach is from my house.

3.1 miles, yay'

I fasten the leash to Fuchs collar and start walking to the beach where foxy and them are at.

I just need to tell him that I remember.. Even if it means that our relationship might be changed forever...

- - - - - - - - - - ____ - - - - - - - - - -

This is a side note for if any of you are curious on what Fuchs means, well Fuchs is German for fox. And that's the end for this chapter! And don't worry there will be a Xmas part! And foxy and vixen might be taken to another level o/////O