7

( criminal )

- song: criminal- britney spears (optional)

- may 19, 2020
"cause momma i'm in love with a criminal." i sang as my mom was driving me and chyna back to my house after spending the whole day with her. the music stopped.

"we interrupt this broadcast with breaking news. a couple who are known as the in real life harley quinn and joker strikes again." fuck they were talking about the robbery me and zion did yesterday. "yesterday this couple, robbed the bank and shot everyone in the bank." "these damn kids gotta stop. i hope they go to jail." my momma says. "sources say the guys looked about 6 foot 3 and had blonde dreads, while the girl had long faded blonde hair, she looked like she was about 5 foot 3."

shit!!! my mom stopped the car immediately once she heard the girls description. "saje marie garioni, this sounds like a familiar couple doesn't?" i nod and give her a nervous laugh. she parked the car on the side of the road. "you're a disgrace to the family. i should turn you and your little boyfriend's ass in." i get a call from zion a decline it. "mommy it's not me. please trust me." "i wish i could." we were half way to my house. he texts me and it says "hurry get home, we gotta go. i packed our stuff." i look back at chyna who was asleep in her car seat.

my mom starts driving the opposite way from the house. "w-where are you going." "turning you in." chyna will be okay with my mom for now until i come back and get her right? without thinking i open the door and jump out. i start running as fast as i can to the house. my mom now following me in the car. i run into a bunch of trees and pull my phone out.

"caleb, get in the car. chyna is with my mom. she was going to turn us in. i'll be there any minute now." "okay be careful, we'll be waiting here." "bye i love you." i say before hanging up and running up the hill. not even 6 minutes later i'm at the back of the house. i run to the front where all the cars were gone except one.

"about damn time get in." i get in and he immediately drives away in our black range rover, we left the white one behind because that was the one we used and who know someone could have seen our license plate.

"where we going?" i say still trying to catch my breath. "i was thinking canada with my family." "they know about this shit?" i ask. "yea i clearly gave them an explanation as to why they were held hostage." "right i forgot about that."

we were 8 hours into the ride. "we're really going across the country in a car." "yea a little last minute road trip i guess." "wait i forgot to ask, what happened to the others?" "they all are fleeing california too. most of them are going with each other." "why couldn't we go with them." "we could, i just want you to meet my family." "wait, omg baby i just realized i'm meeting your family for the first time." i say getting excited and he laughs.

"been 4 year together and i still haven't met your family." "yes well you didn't ask." "i don't needa ask you should of offered me meeting them." "well i'm bringing you know so calm down."

about 12 hours into the ride i woke up from the nap i took. i checked the time and it was 4 in the morning. "zion baby you not tired?" i asked. he shook his head. "look what time it is. lemme drive." "you don't know where you're going." "i could gps the shit dumb ass." he rolls his eyes. "fine next stop."

it been 39 hours into the trip and me and zion have been taking turns driving so we could sleep. there was surprisingly a long line of people trying to get into canada because at the border of canada and the u.s. was a booth where we have to give our passports.

it eventually was my turn. "passports please?" the guy ask. i open the glove compartment and give him the passports. "ma'am imma have to ask you to wake up the man over there." i nod and hit zion in the stomach. "wake up dumbass." he wakes up looking confused and sits up straight. the guy looked at both of us for a quick second and gave the passports back. "have fun." "you think he knows?" i ask. "hope not."

"where we staying?" i asked. "with my parents for a little if you okay with that, and then we'll buy a house." i nod. "okay. wait z?" "what's up?" "can we like chill with the crimes?" "yea of course. plus we gotta stay low for a while." "yea i can get a job and shit." "no you don't, we got money." "yea for a few months, then what? we're fucked." "okay so what were you thinking?" "i don't really know." i say looking at all the stores, clubs and restaurants.

"strip club?" "who you?" "uh yea." "no." "and why not?" "because i will not have my baby showing off her body to other men." "that's cute and all but it's a quick way of getting lots of money fast." "still no." ""what so you wanna be a stripper?" "nope." "z, then let me do it. it looks mad fun. plus you can come and watch me and make sure i'm fine, if you're really that concerned." "fine, we'll talk about it later."

zion was driving for the last two hours as i was just looking out the window trying to get used to everything. the only two places i lived was new york and i moved to LA for college but that didn't happen.

we pulled up at an average looking house. "we're here." zion says taking the key out of the car. i grab my phone and get out waiting for zion. a blonde lady opened the door.