15

( i need you )

- july 22, 2020
i drove over the speed limit trying to get there fast. once i got there i parked my car and jogged into the hospital. "hello can i help you?" "yes i'm here to see-" "saje, over here." i heard brandon yell from the waiting room. "never mind." i say before running to brandon's direction. "what the hell happened?" "james and his gang found us." "how the hell?" "t-they shot him." "he's fine right? right?" i say as tears start forming in my eyes. "they say he is but we don't know." i start crying "it's fine. he's going to be okay." brandon says pulling me into a hug.

a few hours later the door opened and we all turned our heads hoping the name that will come out of her mouth was zions. "anyone here for zion ku-" before she could finish her sentence we all got up and ran to her. "wow there's a lot of you. well because we can't have everyone in there, is there anyone who's related to him or close to him what so ever?" "i am." i say giving her a same smile. "okay follow me."

"so he is doing fine, he's still hasn't woken up though but he got very lucky. a little deeper and who knows what would have happened." she says as she brung me to his room. "his heartbeat is good and he's under an iv. we are still motoring him." she says as she opens the door. seeing zion unconscious broke my heart. "and if he wakes up please call us as soon as possible, he needs a lot of food and liquids." i nod as i sit in the seat next to the hospital bed.

i grab his hand and started brawling my eyes out. "baby please wake up. i need you." i say looking at his hand the had the iv. "i need you the most right now." i take a deep breathe, "i'm pregnant again. god i'm sorry for everything that happened between us. i should've stayed. if i knew i would've stayed. i would've taken that bullet for you." i wipe my tears away. "it should've been me." i continued to cry.

i sat by the window waiting for him to wake up. it's been hours. it was so late and boring that i started counting the stars. "100. damn why are there so many." "so many what?" i hear zion say. i get up and run towards him. "you're awake." "uh yea, i'd hope so. what happened?" "they said you got shot." "oh." he asks struggling to get up. "i'm glad you're okay. i don't what i'd do if you were gone. " i say giving him a hand up. he gave me a little smile. "thank y-you baby." he said as his voice cracked. "you're welcome. i gotta call the nurse hold on." "i love you." he said as i was about to leave to go get a nurse. "i love you too mi amor."

it's been a few minutes already and everyone came to visit. i sat in the chair i was once sitting in with my headphones on watching back to the future waiting for everyone to leave so it was just the two of us.

"you got one more visitor mr.kuwonu." the nurse said. "would you like me to send them in?" he shakes his head. "okay." she nods her head and closes the door. "sorry ma'am, he doesn't want anymore visitors right now." i heard from outside the door.

i take off my headphones and sit on the foot of the bed. "i gotta tell you something." "but that's my son." i heard mandy says as she pushes the door open. "my baby." she said as her and the rest of his family came rushing in giving him a hug. i got up and proceeded to doing what i was doing earlier.

later that night everyone left and there was no more visitors. i get up and walk to the door. "where you going?" "get food i'm hungry." "okay well before you go what were you going to say earlier?" "nothing important." i say. i figured why not tell him about the baby when we get home, give him so time to rest and not think or worry about anything.

i hop in my car and drive to a 24 hours mcdonald's. i sat there dipping my fries in ketchup scrolling through instagram. "hey mind if i join?" a girl with long curly hair said. "um no not at all." "hi i'm rue. you look very familiar as if i've seen you somewhere. ou like on tv. a commercial? no, the news? i don't know. or maybe you just have a doppelgänger." yup she knows who i am and what the fuck happened. i took a deep breath out. "i'm s-saje." i say kinda hesitant.

"yes i knew it." i hear her say under her breath. "well it's nice to meet you." she said. she was very gorgeous and seemed sweet but also seemed very off edge. "nice to meet you too. but it's kinda late and i think i should go." "omg i'm sorry. did i scare you off?" "no." i lied. "yup i did. ugh i'm so sorry. i'm always like this with new people, trust me it's just the drugs." i laugh a little.

"what kind?" "molly." she pulls out a little plastic bag and dips the bottom of her key in it. "want some?" she says before snorting it. "omg you just did that in public." say laughing, "girl that illegal." "since when do you care about the law?" "so you know who i am." she nods. "yes, you're like the baddest bitch i know that exists." she said rubbing her nose afterwards.

i laugh, "ion know about that, but thank you." "hey how bout we try being friends." she said. i nod, "okay." i say. i grab her phone and enter my number. "okay well do you need a ride?" i asked while throwing out my trash. "honestly no. my boyfriend is in the car. this was supposed to be take out." "okay, well text me when you get home so we can get to know each other." "okay bye. again it was nice meeting you." she says as we both got into our separate cars. "nice meeting you too."