Prologue

Hello everyone! This is my first attempt at a shifter book and I'm using my phone to do it, so go crazy if autocorrect does something I'm open for criticism! Enjoy.

---------------------------------------

Third person POV

A snap of a twig to the left, leaves crunching to the right. The woman gazed around frantically, fear clearly shown in her icy blue eyes. Her brown hair was tangled with twigs, leaves, and smudges of dirt. Her skirt contained fresh blood from a gash on her side. She wore a white torn shirt. Her eyes scanned the woods, trying to catch sight of her "hunters".

Her eyes froze as she spotted red, slit eyes staring at her from the darkness. The form of the eyes grinned at her, exposing two long fangs that glimmered in the moonlight. The woman gasped as the creature lunged forward with great speed and grabbed her around her throat, pressing it's thumbs into her windpipe gently.

"Are there anymore?" It growled to her. The woman grabbed the hands of the the creature, trying to make him let go as he increased the pressure on her throat. "I said" it grumbled. "Are there anymore?". The woman finally let her gaze fall to face the creature.

Vampire, she mouthed. The vampire smirked before increasing more pressure, impatiently awaiting a response.
" no, no more." She choked out. The vampire smirk only widened as he sank his fangs into her throat, her screams dying out into nothingness as the life drained out of her eyes and she paled, any colour from her blond gone. The vampire dropped the now-dead woman onto the ground with a thud and wiped the dripping blood off his mouth. He spit on the woman. "Good riddance, shifters never belonged in our world"

Hali's POV

That had happened 12 years ago, when the vampires and werewolves took over the world. They were merciless, killing shifters and enslaving man-kind. I was one of the one's who survived.

My name is Hali and my mother had been drained dry by a vampire when the revolution began. My mother had hidden me in my foal form. I waited and waited in my hiding spot for her, but she never returned. As if by a miracle, a wild horse herd had found me and took me in. One of their mares had lost a foal and become my new mother.

Now, I'm grown. The heard knows about me but they don't care. I'm one of them I haven't shifted in well, ever. The herd leader is storm a kind caring stallion who cares about the whole herd before himself. My name is Hali. I am the last shifter in this world, hiding in plain sight from the werewolves and vampires assigned to seek out and kill any remaining shifters. They will not find me.

---------------------------------------

Comment! Follow! Like for more!