five

it doesn't take long for jisung to snap. it never does. hyunjin should know that by now. so he shouldn't be staring at jisung likes he's completely insane.

"what do you mean?" hyunjin asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

jisung had confronted him, not telling him everything of course, there were certain things he'd decided to keep secret.

"what do i mean!?" jisung shouted, furious, "i'm so tired of you acting like you've done nothing wrong. sure, i've done some crap, but so have you!! why do you always stare at me like i'm an alien or something? i'm a human being, and i hate you staring at me,"

"if you're so uncomfortable, just don't deal with it," hyunjin rolled his eyes.

jisung was beyond furious, yet he only spoke the half truth. he was merely irritated beyond belief that hyunjin couldn't even remember a single thing he'd done.

"i'm not. i'm seriously not. i can't do this. i'm moving into chan's dorm. i already talked to him about it. enjoy the empty dorm because i'm not coming back," jisung huffed, storming to his room and gathering anything necessary and making a trip to the bathroom to grab things like his toothbrush as well.

jisung grabbed his backpack angrily, stuffing his things into it. he felt hyunjin's eyes on him.

"i literally JUST said i hate you staring at me, what part of that do you not understand!?" jisung whipped around to see hyunjin indeed staring at him, except he was standing right behind him, which wasn't expected, "GAH!!"

jisung jumped in fear before huffing and zipping his backpack shut, pushing past a smirking hyunjin. and god, why did jisung have to notice how soft his lips looked?

jisung shook his head and stormed out of the dorm, calling chan to inform him that he was on his way. he felt hyunjin watching him go, impulsively deciding to give him the finger without turning around to see his reaction.

jisung felt stupid tears in his eyes as he knocked on chan's door. said door opened almost immediately, a concerned chan appearing.

"hey bud," chan opened his arms for a hug.

jisung accepted the embrace appreciatively as his tears fell from his eyes. chan was so good at comforting him, no matter what the circumstance. chan was like a mix of an older brother and a father to jisung, always there when he needed advice or help, or just simply to talk. jisung was infinitely grateful for the older boy. he didn't make friends too easily, so having someone so genuine like chan in his life was incredibly refreshing and meaningful.

"wanna talk about it?" chan muttered against jisung's hair.

jisung thought for a moment before nodding.

"right, come in and tell me about it,"

"he's just so...so irritating," jisung sighed into his hands.

"i understand," chan sighed slightly.

"you do?"

"of course," he paused, "though i don't quite fully understand why you guys fight over everything, i definitely understand that personalities play a huge role in whether or not you get along with people. it seems like...from what i've seen, honestly, your personality and hyunjin's personality are too...they're too different yet similar at the same time that they completely clash. life is hard. i know you're more introverted, so maybe this isn't the best connection, but you're not going to be able to get along with everyone. there's always going to be people in our lives who try to hold us back, so sometimes we just have to push past them, kinda like jumping over a hurdle, in a way," chan finished with a smile.

"yeah...i guess. i really just don't understand why he could just...nevermind,"

"are you sure you don't want to talk about it?" chan tilted his head, he wasn't being pushy, jisung could tell, he genuinely cared about whether or not jisung wanted to talk about 'it' and he knew chan would respect his decision no matter the outcome.

"okay...i'll talk,"