☆ epilogue ☆

"i still can't believe this," felix crossed his arms, "you guys are seriously dating?"

"lix...it's been five months, you seriously still don't believe it?" jisung frowned, hyunjin smiling and poking jisung's cheek. the younger swatted his hand away in return, only for hyunjin to grab his hand and intertwine their fingers.

"eww. get your pda out of here," minho complained, though he was smiling slightly.

"we're just holding hands, hyung," jisung smiled at him.

"actually i can't believe it either," hyunjin said next to jisung.

jisung turned to him with a weird look on his face.

"what do you mean by that?" he pouted slightly.

"stop pouting, it makes me want to cry," hyunjin pinched jisung's cheek.

"ow! what's with your obsession with my cheeks...it's so weird..." jisung mumbled.

"your cheeks are cute," hyunjin responded.

the other six boys were watching them with amused faces, mixed with the occasional proud look.

"no but really," hyunjin turned serious, "i'm kinda shocked it turned out this way. if the us from six months ago saw us now they'd probably faint,"

the eight boys shared a laugh.

"i'm glad you guys worked it out," chan ruffled both jisung and hyunjin's hair.

"stop acting like a dad, chan," jisung whined.

hyunjin pokes jisung's hip, the younger yelping.

"i'm glad it worked out too," hyunjin looked at jisung.

"we can tell, there's practically hearts in your eyes," seungmin rolled his eyes playfully.

"shush!" jisung and hyunjin glared at him before leaning into each other, jisung's head on hyunjin's shoulder and hyunjin's head laying gently on top of jisung's.

"this makes me want a relationship," jeongin pouted.

"you're too young," seungmin turned to jeongin.

"i'm like...less than a year younger than you!!"

"still!!"

the "L word" wasn't really something either of them had truly thought of yet. it'd only been five months anyway. so of course, hyunjin hadn't meant to say it, but in a case like this, what can you really do about it? the heart wants what it wants, right? and apparently hyunjin's is set on jisung. hyunjin knows he's in love with jisung, but he just wasn't sure if jisung reciprocated those feelings that strongly. he knew jisung liked him, but he didn't know if he loved him. and he wasn't really sure if he wanted to find out yet.

jisung and hyunjin walked together through the park, hands intertwined and holding ice cream cones in their other hands.

"ji?"

"hmm?"

"i can...i can officially call you my boyfriend, right?" hyunjin turned to jisung.

jisung blinked a few times.

"i suppose," jisung smiled slyly, "only if i get to call you mine," he nodded mischievously, "and if i get a kiss," he pursued his lips.

"that's not a problem, boyfriend,"

hyunjin leaned in and pressed their lips together. with the ice cream, the kiss tasted like some mix of caramel and chocolate and he loved it.

jisung hummed into the kiss as they pulled away, smiling at each other.

"crazy we went from despising each other to this, huh?" jisung huffed, laughing.

"mhm," hyunjin agreed.

it really was. he never would've imagined that he'd be like this with jisung. he never would've imagined that a drunken kiss could lead to something like this. but my god, he was so glad it did. jisung was the best thing that had ever happened to him, and obviously, their friends were really accepting of it.

"your lips tasted like chocolate. i liked it," jisung hummed, licking his lips.

"you want more of that?" hyunjin smirked, "i can definitely make that possible,"

jisung smiled at him as he finished his ice cream. hyunjin handed jisung the rest of his.

"you can have this," he smiled at his boyfriend.

"thank you, boyfriend," jisung hummed, stuffing his face with hyunjin's cone before grabbing hyunjin's arms and spinning him towards him.

jisung leaned in and stood on his toes, smashing their lips together. hyunjin felt the stickiness of the ice cream on jisung's hands, but he didn't really care. he leaned down into jisung, wrapping his arms around his boyfriend's waist as they melted into the kiss. hyunjin tasted the ice cream on jisung's lips again, and he could tell jisung had too. jisung was humming and almost subtly licking at hyunjin's lips a bit to get the flavor. hyunjin pulled away, gasping out laughs.

"you're adorable," hyunjin smiled at him.

jisung blushed slightly and reached up, brushing hyunjin's bangs back gently. jisung looked ethereal in this moment, the sun shining against them as it was setting, lighting jisung's eyes up so that they sparkled. jisung's normally dark looking hair appeared a little lighter and his skin looked as if it was glowing. hyunjin reached up and ran his hands through it, loving how jisung closed his eyes and leaned into the touch. he leaned in and left a small peck on the tip of jisung's nose, causing the younger's eyes to snap open.

hyunjin smiled at him and wrapped his arms around jisung's waist. they leaned in, pressing their foreheads together and giggling slightly.

"i love you," hyunjin blurted.

jisung froze, pulling away slightly.

"w-what? what did you say?" jisung looked into his eyes, shocked.

"i...i..." hyunjin cursed at himself silently for his mind allowing that to slip, "you don't have to love me back...i didn't really mean to say that...it kind of just happened," he laughed nervously, looking at the ground.

"oh. so it was just an 'in the moment' thing?" jisung actually sounded a bit disappointed.

"n-no! i...i do. i love you. i really do, but you don't have to-"

hyunjin was cut off by jisung's lips on his again. hyunjin's eyes widened before he melted against jisung's lips. but jisung pulled away too soon. he sort of just wanted to keep kissing so he'd never have to hear what jisung said next. but he also kind of wanted to hear...

"i love you too, dork," jisung smiled.

"wha- you do?"

"of course i do, idiot! i've been in love with you for like...months," jisung laughed.

hyunjin felt tears pricking at his eyes. he pulled jisung into a warm embrace. the two closed their eyes and leaned into each other gently.

hyunjin had been scared to hear jisung's answer, mostly because he'd blurted the three words without thinking. but now they knew it, they loved each other. best mistake ever.

.
.
.
.
.

i seriously can't believe this is over—
like what-

thanks to everyone who read this ahaishsjshsh i love y'all 💕💕💕💕

stan stray kids
aight byeeee