twenty

"chan-hyung?"

"yes, jin? what are you doing here again so soon?" chan opened the door to his dorm wide for hyunjin to step inside.

"i need advice,"

"okay, on what? i'm listening,"

"jisung. i want to ask him out. and i want it to be more of a surprise,"

"oh? is that so?" chan smirked, "go ahead,"

"does he like..."

jisung kicked his legs up onto the couch, laying sideways on his phone. he was bored. hyunjin was spending the night at chan's and he was actually so bored without him there in the dorm.

he frowned and just decided to get some sleep.

when he awoke, he could smell something sweet. curious, he scrambled out of bed, rubbing his eyes as he left his bedroom, still in his pajamas (aka a super large t-shirt and shorts—which were actually covered by the shirt).

"hyunjin? why are you up so early?"

"well, there's no classes tomorrow, right?"

"no, i don't have any. why?"

"i made pancakes,"

"wh- thanks? what does that have to do with tomorrow?"

jisung sat at the counter and hyunjin pushed him a plate of pancakes. jisung eyed him with suspicion and tiredness. hyunjin only laughed, but he could sense a bit of nervousness on the boy.

"is something wrong?"

"no," hyunjin smiled, "eat up, you may not have classes tomorrow, but you have some today,"

"so do you!!"

"yes, but later," hyunjin smiled again.

he was so nervous, yet excited. he hoped jisung would agree to go out on a date with him. chan said there was a high chance and he definitely trusted chan, so he hoped with all his heart that it was true. he knew it was kind of "bold", you could say, to ask jisung out this fast, but they've known each other long enough. and he likes being straightforward like that when it comes to feelings.

"here jisung," hyunjin handed jisung a cup of hot chocolate.

"what's going on today? did you do something wrong? why are you suddenly just giving me a bunch of stuff??" jisung huffed, though he smiled, "but thanks," he took a sip of the hot chocolate and flinched.

"are you okay?" hyunjin looked at him nervously.

jisung nodded.

"it's just hot, but seriously. what's going on?"

"nothing that i know of!" hyunjin smiled, but jisung still looked suspicious.

they watched the latest episode of a drama they'd been watching together for the past few weeks. and they were on the couch together, sort of just a tangle of limbs and flesh as they were cuddled up with legs and arms everywhere. it was quite comfortable though, if you asked either of them.

jisung laughed.

"look at us, this is unbelievable,"

"what is?"

"that we're cuddled up like this! i never imagined us doing anything like this ever in my entire life. i usually only cuddle with like...felix or seungmin cause they get all soft sometimes," jisung smiled at him.

hyunjin noticed how close their faces were and leaned back a bit, turning off the tv.

"i wouldn't have expected this either, not complaining though,"

"oh no, i'm not either,"

the two laughed and slowly ended up just simply smiling at each other for a moment, kind of lost in each other's eyes.

jisung untangled himself from hyunjin and got up from the couch grabbing dishes and starting to head to the kitchen.

now. hyunjin's mind told him. do it now.

"jisung?" hyunjin called out, looking up at the boy.

"yeah?" jisung turned around, balancing a few bowls and bottles in his arms.

ugh, not now. hyunjin got up and grabbed a few of the dishes from jisung and they walked to the kitchen together to wash the dishes quickly.

but jisung had other ideas. he collected a handful of warm water and bubbles and threw it at hyunjin.

"hey!" hyunjin laughed, doing the same to jisung.

suddenly, their kitchen was a mess, soap bubbles and water flying everywhere as the two laughed and fought, splashing each other. until jisung slipped slightly on the water. luckily, he caught himself on the counter, laughing, but it had still given hyunjin a mini heart attack. hyunjin rushed to him and checked him over.

"are you alright?" hyunjin looked at him, worried.

hyunjin grabbed the counter next to jisung and checked him over again from head to toe. jisung did indeed look okay.

"i'm fine," jisung giggled.

hyunjin looked down into jisung's eyes, the younger pressed against the counter slightly.

for a moment jisung could've sworn it looked like hyunjin was going to lean in and kiss him. but he didn't. hyunjin lifted a wet hand and wiped some soap off of jisung's pink cheek. hyunjin caressed his cheek gently after flicking the soap off his hand.

"h-hyunjin," jisung whispered.

"hmm?" hyunjin tilted his head slightly.

"i...uh..." jisung couldn't form a proper sentence, his cheeks flushed a dark pink color.

hyunjin really wanted to kiss him. he wanted to kiss him so badly. but instead, he placed both hands on the counter on either side of jisung.

"hyung-"

"jisung,"

"y-yes?"

jisung's innocent eyes gazed up into hyunjin's, melting the older's heart.

"will you go out with me?" he blurted nervously.

"wh-wha..." jisung's face looked shocked and confused, "i...what?"

he blinked multiple times and looked around slightly.

"is that a no?" hyunjin frowned slightly and pulled away from jisung, giving the younger more space, "i'm sorry, i know we're just getting to be friends, i shouldn't have-"

"wha- no! no- i- i uh...hyunjin...i..."

hyunjin searched jisung's eyes for an answer, but they gave nothing away.

"i'd love to," jisung finally finished, blushing deeply.

"really?" hyunjin's face lit up.

"yeah...i'd really like that," the two smiled at each other for a moment, both of them blushing,
"w-well...we should clean up," he chuckled sweetly.

"you're right,"

hyunjin couldn't wipe the smile off of his face for the rest of the night.