seventeen

"oh," hyunjin was staring at his phone, he sounded disappointed.

"what?" jisung looked up at him, hands in the pockets of his jacket.

"changbin-hyung said he forgot that he had an exam tomorrow. he decided last minute to study instead of going out," hyunjin pouted.

"he bailed on us for the books? man," jisung shook his head, "i guess i understand though,"

"yeah..."

"you sound so sad...? i'm still here!!" jisung waved his hands in front of hyunjin's face as if to emphasize.

hyunjin broke out into a sweet smile as he laughed and pushed jisung's hands away from his face.

jisung smiled as he followed hyunjin into the restaurant. he was sure hyunjin didn't feel the same, but to him...it almost seemed like...like a date now. and the way hyunjin had grasped onto his hand and pulled him along to the table didn't help him get that out of his head.

jisung tried to ignore the way the waitress would smile widely at hyunjin with heart eyes every time she looked at him, but it was hard. hyunjin didn't really seem to notice though, even despite how obviously different it was compared to the way she helped jisung.

they'd ordered sesame chicken and lo mein, deciding to just split the two orders between their plates.

the waitress came over at least three times in the first ten minutes, for reference. by now, they were already nearing the end of their meal, hyunjin's water glass empty and jisung's nearing that point. jisung was done with her. jisung twirled the lo mein noodles with his fork as she was now openly flirting with hyunjin. hyunjin had finally noticed and seemed a little uncomfortable.

she was writing her number down on a napkin when jisung coughed to grab her attention. she looked up at him with an odd face.

"excuse me, miss, but this is a restaurant, isn't it?" jisung questioned, smiling slightly.

"what? obviously," she rolled her eyes.

"yes. and you're a waitress. so if you could kindly do your job and let us eat without breathing down our necks, well, his neck, every two minutes, that would be absolutely fantastic," jisung smiled at her.

"rude," she scoffed and rolled her eyes at jisung before smiling at hyunjin and walking away, swaying her hips with an unreasonable amount of sassiness.

"pfft- thanks," hyunjin laughed, "she was getting on my nerves," he crumpled up the napkin with her number on it and shoved it into his empty water glass.

"sure. she was already on my nerves,"

hyunjin laughed and jisung smiled as they finished their meal.

"ya know, i wanna leave a review on that place," jisung hummed.

"why? cause of the girl?"

"why else?" jisung smiled coyly.

jisung pulled out his phone and found the restaurant. he tapped the button that said "Leave a Review" and typed in:

Good food, bad service. The waitress was quite unprofessional. Disturbed by her flirting. :)

"no way—you did not put that," hyunjin laughed loudly and jisung smiled at him.

"of course i did," they shared a laugh.

"let's not go there again," hyunjin giggled out.

"agreed," jisung's smile widened.

hyunjin's laugh made him feel lightheaded. he wanted more of it.

"so it worked?" seungmin asked.

"of course, he believes everything i say. i do have an exam tomorrow though, so it wasn't fully a lie," changbin smirked.