fourteen

"jisung's been acting weird," hyunjin crossed his arms.

"how so?" minho raised an eyebrow, "and how did you notice? why do you care?"

"i...dunno why i care. i don't really. i just...noticed,"

"well, how is he being weird?"

"he always like...shies away from me??"

minho thought for a moment before laughing.

"he could be scared of you,"

"why would he move back in with me then?? because even he said he wouldn't come back,"

"maybe he thought moving back in with you was better than having anxiety over whether or not everything his did would piss chan off or not,"

"oh...i guess he did say he felt like he was inconveniencing chan by being there,"

"yeah, see?" minho shrugged, "i'm sure it's not that big of a deal. and besides, where else would he go? none of our dorms have enough room for him,"

hyunjin still frowned, even despite all the evidence minho had given, his gut told him it was different.

"how's it going, hyung?" seungmin crossed his arms.

"uh...i mean..." jisung pouted, "my heart beats really fast a lot of the time. i do think i like him..."

"well that's good, you already know,"

"yeah but...i...it's kind of awkward. i think he still hates me..."

"really? still? you don't think he feels bad for what he did or...or anything?"

"i dunno...it does seem different, but i just thought it was me because i don't...hate him anymore," jisung trailed off muttering.

"hmm...it's kinda hard to tell what the circumstance is like just from you,"

jisung's face flushed.

"sorry,"

"it's not your fault,"

seungmin's lips pouted slightly as his eyes narrowed. he didn't really know what exactly to make of this situation.

"maybe...maybe i could come over and see for myself? like when both of you are off i can come over to...hang out,"

"oh! okay! well like...hang out how?"

"we can say we were watching a show i guess," seungmin chuckled.

"okay, thanks sungie!!" jisung smiled brightly.

"i...uh...seungmin's coming over,"

"oh. that's fine. why?"

"we were in the middle of a show last time we were together and felix interrupted it," jisung lied, "you can just stay in your room or leave if you want. sorry i didn't give you a heads-up,"

"when's he coming?"

jisung checked the clock.

"oh. like...ten minutes," he smiled nervously, "sorry,"

"it's just seungmin, why are you sorry?" hyunjin rolled his eyes.

jisung held his breath as hyunjin walked past him and into the kitchen. he sighed it out and sank into the couch.

a few minutes later, a knock sounded on the door. jisung went to get up, but hyunjin was already walking over to the door.

"i'll get it,"

jisung smiled softly at hyunjin's back as he opened the  door, revealing seungmin, who smiled softly.

"oh! hey hyunjin...jisung's here, right?" seungmin looked over hyunjin's shoulder into the dorm.

"yeah, he's on the couch," hyunjin opened the door wider for seungmin to step in and watched as seungmin's face lit up when he saw jisung, and jisung's the same.

hyunjin wetted his lips with his tongue and shut the door, walking back into the kitchen, where he was snacking before. there was an odd feeling in his stomach, but he decided to ignore it.

"we can start in a minute, seung. i have to uh-" jisung pointed towards the bathroom.

"gotcha," seungmin smiled at him and plopped down on the couch, purposely taking jisung's original spot on the left side and resting his arm on the arm rest.

hyunjin came over and sat down on the other side of the couch and pulling out his phone, leaving a space between them. seungmin smiled mischievously.

"what are you doing?" seungmin asked him.

"i was gonna watch with you. if that's...alright," hyunjin tilted his head.

seungmin saw what jisung was talking about. hyunjin was actually really attractive, a nicely sculpted face and body...and jisung was right, hyunjin did indeed have a mole under his eye. attractive indeed. not someone he'd ever be interested in though. besides, jisung already was. as his friend that'd just be...yikes.

"oh sure! fine by me!" seungmin smiled at him.

"what's going on?" jisung was standing in the hallway, looking quizzically at the two on the couch.

"hyunjin wanted to watch with us, come sit down you big baby,"

jisung's face flushed and he walked over and sat in between the two on the couch, scooting closer to seungmin rather than hyunjin. hyunjin looked at him for a moment before turning his head towards the screen, which jisung had turned on and was searching for the show.