seven

hyunjin frowned at himself in the mirror. jisung had never threatened something like this before. hyunjin deeply hated to admit it, but the dorm did feel empty without jisung, even though when he was there they only argued anyway.

he didn't know why jisung had suddenly snapped, what had happened?

did something happen while he was drunk? ew, no. there's no way he would've done anything with jisung. absolutely not. even if he was drunk out of his mind. there's no WAY he'd done something with jisung.

although jisung was sleeping in his bed.

no. hyunjin shook his head.

not possible.

he didn't do anything with jisung. he didn't do anything to jisung. he wouldn't have.

but, god, his gut felt weird.

jisung had gone to his classes easily, getting through the day like any other despite the completely not normal things that had been happening to him lately.

chan had texted him asking for permission to tell their other friends what had happened. jisung agreed, but only if they'd promise to keep anything and everything from hyunjin. chan sent him screenshots of everyone saying they promised, and only then did jisung give his okay.

just more reasons to be thankful for chan. chan always made sure he was completely comfortable before doing something. chan was just a genuine guy like that.

so at lunch, his friends were all giving him with concerned looks.

"i'm alright. mostly," jisung smiled slightly at his friend group (sadly the ones that were also friends with hyunjin).

so when hyunjin came over to the table and glared at jisung with more passion than usual, his friends were quick to begin talking frantically to ease the tension.

hyunjin looked at them weirdly. jisung caught chan giving him a look, an almost judging look in his eyes before he turned to face the two youngest, yang jeongin and kim seungmin, who had started wrestling over the last chicken leg (changbin had bought some for the group—they all miraculously had this time free so they always ate together).

"hey," chan frowned at them and they immediately (well, seungmin tugged one last time, getting the chicken) stopped.

jisung watched hyunjin nervously as he sat down. hyunjin's bangs slid down over his eyes and he shook his head a few times and ran his hands through his hair to get them out of the way. jisung realized he'd been staring and huffed out a breath slowly, going to take a bite of the chicken he'd claimed.

jisung stopped midway as he felt like someone was looking at him, so he looked around, seeing hyunjin glaring at him. jisung frowned and set the chicken back down.

"you can have this, innie. i'm not that hungry," jisung sighed, getting up.

"wait, where are you going?" felix frowned.

"the library. i have an exam coming up," jisung dusted himself off and walked away from the group with his hands in his pockets.

the boys watched jisung go with frowns and concerned eyes. well, hyunjin was still eating.

"why are you guys still looking at him? he said he was leaving," hyunjin rolled his eyes.

felix gave hyunjin a somewhat dirty look, which was odd, coming from felix who was always a bundle of happiness and joy (with added memes).

"what?" hyunjin scanned the rest of the boys, realizing that minho, changbin, and chan were looking at him with subtle disappointment in their eyes.

"why are you so mean to him?" seungmin frowned, standing up.

"i didn't- i didn't even do anything?!?" hyunjin sat up, an odd feeling rising within him that he couldn't really pinpoint.

seungmin shook his head.

"you obviously did. just one glare from you and he completely lost his appetite," seungmin scoffed and ran after jisung.

hyunjin watched him go with confusion in his eyes and saw chan shake his head.

"what?? what did i do?? there was nothing out of the ordinary!" hyunjin frowned, feeling cornered as all his friends seemed to be disappointed in him.

he hated that feeling. he didn't want them to be disappointed at him. and it seemed like they were mad too.

"are you guys mad at me?" hyunjin's frown deepened, "please, just tell me what i did!!"