twelve

seungmin hopes for a lot of things after talking to jisung. there were a lot of possible outcomes, and a lot of them were good. but even though there were many good outcomes, jisung had...completely started ignoring hyunjin. just...dismissing his existence.

seungmin watched as jisung turned away from the group as soon as he saw hyunjin was there and he frowned. it's because of what he said to jisung isn't it? seungmin said they could forget...but evidently...jisung hasn't seemed to. on impulse, seungmin sprang up and ran after him, ignoring his friends who asked him what he was doing and hyunjin in particular who'd given seungmin and jisung an odd look.

"hyung, are you okay?" seungmin asked as he strode up to jisung.

"what do you mean? i'm fine,"

"you're ignoring us,"

"i'm not ignoring you,"

"well, you're ignoring hyunjin, and you avoid us every time he's around," seungmin saw jisung flinch at the mentioning of hyunjin, "it's not because of what i said last time, right?"

"hmm? oh...no," jisung hesitated slightly.

it was enough for seungmin to tell he was lying.

"you said we could forget about it, why are you bringing it up?" jisung asked quietly.

"because you obviously haven't forgotten about it. just talk to me hyung, i won't judge you,"

"do you think i have a crush on him?" jisung asked.

"well...i...i didn't, but that stuff you said made me wonder, that's all,"

"i see. now what do you think?"

"why are you asking?" seungmin shuffled his feet nervously.

"i just want to know. what other reason do i need?"

seungmin was quiet for a moment.

"i don't want to say whether or not you like someone...if i'm wrong then-"

"seung, i'm not going to hate you for answering any certain way. i'm genuinely curious and if i'm going to get mad at you if you don't answer the way i'd possibly want you to, then that's just stupid and i shouldn't ask the question in the first place,"

"oh," seungmin stood, speechless for a moment, "well...then...yeah. i guess. it does kinda seem like you like him. to me at least. though even if you did, he'd probably be too oblivious to notice,"

jisung thought for a moment.

"you don't think he'd notice, huh?"

"um...no, not really. and you're kinda avoiding him anyway, so if it wasn't him being oblivious, you might not been be around for him to tell,"

"i guess that's true,"

"umm...so...do you? do you like him, i mean?" seungmin asked hesitantly.

jisung looked at the ground in silence.

"i think...i think so, seungmin,"

"oh,"

"is that bad?" jisung looked up at him with regretful eyes.

"of course not. i just...with as much as you guys hated each other i...it's...unexpected, thats for sure,"

jisung hummed and they fell into a suffocating silence.

"it's dumb," jisung huffed.

"what's dumb?"

"that i like him," jisung sighed, "it's so stupid. you're right, we hated each other so much. and that stupid kiss...and now all i can think of is...him. and his lips. and how he kissed me. and how his arms felt when he hugged me. and his teary eyes when he was crying," jisung frowned, "it's annoying...but..."

"but?" seungmin looked up at him.

"but i...i kind of...want it to happen again?"

seungmin laughed.

"what? is that bad?!"

"no, stop panicking. it's just...you totally like him. i....pfft. i never would've thought...with how much you guys fought,"

"well...i guess...the whole kissing thing messed with my mind,"

"perhaps,"

"seung," jisung stopped walking and turned to seungmin.

"yeah?"

"i...can you help me?"

"what do you mean...help you?"

"i...i want to see how...what these feelings really are. and what they mean,"

"you're asking me to help you figure out your feelings for hyunjin?"

jisung nodded eagerly, grabbing seungmin's arm.

"please?" jisung pouted.

seungmin rolled his eyes.

"fine. not because of the puppy eyes—never do that again by the way, but because were friends,"

"thanks minnie!!" jisung jumped up and down.

seungmin shook his head. he'd never ever dreamed of jisung being this excited and hyper over something even relatively related to hwang hyunjin.