eleven

seungmin and the rest of the boys hadn't honestly expected much from jisung and hyunjin's "talk". hyunjin had formally apologized to him at this point and jisung had accepted it. they hadn't really thought much about the aftermath, but they certainly hadn't predicted this.

the atmosphere between jisung and hyunjin was even more intense now.

"what did you SAY!?" seungmin exclaimed to jisung as they were walking from building to building together between classes.

"i just told him what he did and he apologized! why?"

"because you guys are more awkward than before," seungmin said bluntly.

"oh. are we? i didn't really notice,"

"do you actually forgive him?" seungmin blurted without thinking about it first.

"hmm? yeah, i guess. he was drunk, he didn't know what he was doing. sure, he took my first kiss and did all that other stuff, but he never would've done it if he was even a little sober and you know that as well as i do. forgiving isn't the same as forgetting. i forgive him for what he did because he genuinely didn't know what he'd done and even when i did finally tell him, i could tell he was genuinely shocked and sorry for what he'd done, but i know i'll never forget it as long as i live," jisung finished with a small smile.

"o-oh," seungmin was shocked by jisung's long and thoughtful answer. he partially expected jisung to say no, that he'd just gone along with it because he wanted to be done with hyunjin, "i thought you wanted to be completely done with him?"

jisung was silent for a moment.

"well we don't have to act like best friends now just because i've forgiven him,"

"oh, yeah thats true i guess,"

"but...minnie...i..." jisung didn't seem to be able to pull a sentence together suddenly.

"you what, hyung?" seungmin turned to him with a confused smile on his face.

"i feel...a little weird,"

"weird how?"

"i don't really know. but ever since he...ya know, i...i've started like...noticing the little details about him?" jisung stated as if it was a question.

"what do you mean by that?" seungmin drawled, confused.

"like...if his hair falls in front of his eyes he pushes it away...or he scrunches his nose up if he gets confused or disgusted. and i saw he has a little mole on under his eye. and he has these dimples when he makes this one face...oh! and he pouts his lips a lot, like, on default a lot,"

seungmin's pace slowed as he took in jisung's words, shock coursing through him.

"why...why do you look so shocked?" jisung froze, looking at him.

"jisung...you don't...possibly...li- have feelings for hyunjin, do you?" seungmin spoke slowly, as though he was trying to let every single word register into jisung's mind.

"what!?" jisung exclaimed immediately, "uh- what? no...i don't...i haven't...i didn't even think of that...why would i like him of all people?"

"sorry. i just...the way you described him...nevermind. it's in the past. we can just forget i asked," seungmin shook his head, "i have to get to class, ji,"

"alright...see ya," jisung frowned at seungmin's leaving figure.

what?? have feelings for hyunjin? why would he...have feelings for the person who stole his first kiss without consent? the person he despised, the person who'd pushed him out of the bed. the person who'd come to him crying after he'd kissed him trying to drunkenly apologize. the person who cuddled him and held him softly after he'd fallen asleep. the person he'd helped when he threw up despite what he'd gone through himself that night. the person who...oh.

oh.

oh.

"oh god," jisung's lips drew into a straight line as thoughts rushed through his mind, "that—that stupid kiss!!"

he looked around after he'd shouted, luckily seeing no one around.

that stupid kiss. stupid hwang. stupid everything. jisung let his head hang before he started heading to class.

he'd actually gained feelings...for hyunjin. my god.