sixteen

jisung smiled at hyunjin, who patted the spot next to him on the grass. the rest of their friends gave them odd looks.

"whats up with you two?" minho spoke up.

"what do you mean?" jisung smiled, plopping down in the grass next to hyunjin.

"you're acting like..."

"friends," seungmin laughed as he finished minho's sentence.

"oh! yeah, no biggie," hyunjin smiled, his eyes creasing.

"no biggie?" changbin huffed, "what a joke,"

felix blinked at them.

"what do you mean 'no biggie' i've never seen you two look at each other without the whole 'i want to kill him' look in your eyes," felix blinked again.

"what he said," jeongin's lips pouted slightly in confusion.

hyunjin and jisung looked at each other and laughed.

"chan, i'm scared," felix turned to the oldest, who had a proud, yet confused look on his face.

"yeah me too," jeongin took a bite of his sandwich, chewing slowly.

"you guys are funny," hyunjin laughed.

the rest of the boys gave him a weird look before turning to jisung, who hadn't really spoken.

"why are you looking at me?" he chuckled.

"okay seriously, what the hell?" changbin looked between the two of them.

"am i dreaming?" minho blinked, "someone pinch me,"

seungmin reached over and pinched his arm, hard.

"ow!!"

"you're awake, dummy,"

minho rubbed his arm and glared at seungmin.

"i'm older than you,"

"you asked for someone, i'm 'someone'," seungmin shrugged.

"one of you please explain," felix huffed out.

jisung laughed.

"we decided to start over," he told them.

"guys i think we're sharing a dream," felix whispered.

"or we traveled to an alternate universe," jeongin whispered back.

"guys, neither of those things are really possible," chan laughed.

"how do you know? we don't actually truly know anything, just what we've sort of made up, puzzles that our minds made that just work. we could be the aliens for all we know. and then the things that we call aliens are actually the normal species??" felix stared at the ground.

"what- no. where did that even...nevermind," chan blinked, "i think they genuinely moved on from their...rivalry,"

hyunjin nodded.

"chan's right. it was childish and dumb anyway. we're trying to be friends now," jisung said, hyunjin nodding again.

"chan, i'm still scared," felix muttered.

jisung was sure of his feelings now. he'd definitely, 100% developed a crush on hwang hyunjin. he couldn't quite believe it. all this had happened because of that stupid drunken kiss.

and of all people, too. hwang hyunjin. that one person that he couldn't stand, and who, likewise, couldn't stand him either. but now he was totally falling head-over-heels for that person. that hwang hyunjin. he couldn't believe it because he'd hated hyunjin, but at the same time he could totally believe it. like, just look at hyunjin. he's one of the most fascinating and drop-dead gorgeous people jisung has ever seen in his entire life. his eyes alone make jisung's knees weak and his smile makes his legs turn to jelly. and his hair...it's so gorgeous and fluffy and soft-looking...and the little mole under his eye...and his dimples...

but it's not just about his looks. hyunjin's actually a really good person too, jisung has figured out. he's very kind and funny. and he dances as a hobby, which is how he figured minho and him got along.

he probably would've noticed all of this before, but it was masked by his hate. he was blinded by his resentment towards hyunjin. but come to think of it, perhaps he'd never truly hated hyunjin in the first place. perhaps he was solely jealous. hyunjin had a lot jisung didn't have. jisung wasn't necessarily the best looking and he didn't feel like there was really much special about him. and plus, he did have some pretty bad anxiety sometimes.

"jisung?? jisunnngggg??" jisung blinked and realized he'd been spacing out.

"oh? yeah? sorry. what?" jisung looked up at hyunjin, who'd seemingly been calling his name for a while.

"i was asking if you wanted to come and grab lunch at that chinese place down the street with changbin-hyung and me??" hyunjin huffed, exasperated.

"oh! sure! just us three?"

"mhm,"

"when?"

"it's 12:14, so, like...ten minutes?"

"ah- jeez!" jisung sprang up from his seat at the kitchen counter and scrambled to his room to clean himself up a bit.

"i've been trying to get your attention for like fifteen minutes!! don't blame me!" hyunjin yelled after him.