eighteen

"hey seung, you called?" jisung sat down next to seungmin in the campus coffee shop.

"yeah, i just wanted to talk to you,"

"about what, exactly?"

"we're friends, can't we talk?" seungmin teased, "kidding, i wanted to talk with you about...ya know, your progress. especially because i never told you what i thought of the two of you when you were together when we watched the show with him,"

"ah...okay,"

"where to start?"seungmin hummed, "do you want to talk or do you want to know what i thought first?"

"tell me so we can like 'move on to the next stage' or whatever,"

"okay. well. it was definitely a sight to see. you know, there's a tension between you two. and i couldn't quite figure out what it was. but i don't think it was just you,"

"what do you mean by that?"

"well, when we were watching, i snuggled up against you, remember?"

"oh, yeah. i thought it was kinda weird,"

"i was trying to see if he got jealous,"

jisung froze, interested in hearing the rest.

"and? was he?"

"it kind of seemed like it. he looked at you a lot. and he seemed tense. he seemed jealous, but i don't think he necessarily knew what it was,"

"w-woah,"

"mhm. so...that was before you guys decided to be 'friends', so obviously you've made more progress since then," seungmin smiled.

"yeah. seung, i...i really like him," jisung paused and seungmin rested a hand on his knee comfortingly, "i- changbin was supposed to go to lunch with us the other day, but he bailed on us. so it was just us. minnie...it seemed like...like a date. but i know for him it wasn't,"

"okay. go on," the look on seungmin's face suggested he knew something jisung didn't, but he decided to just ignore it.

"there was a really annoying waitress though,"

"annoying...how?"

"she kept flirting with him!!" jisung huffed, pouting.

"aww, you poor baby," seungmin laughed.

"shush! i'm older than you,"

"by like, a week, but yeah sure,"

jisung's pout deepened and seungmin only laughed harder.

"it was really fun though, minnie. i really liked it,"

"i'm glad, hyung,"

"chan-hyung? can i talk to you please? alone?" hyunjin pouted.

"sure, jin. why?" chan led hyunjin out into the yard of the campus. they sat on a bench together.

"i feel...weird,"

"could you elaborate on that?"

"with jisung, i mean," hyunjin frowned, twiddling his thumbs together.

"oh. what do you mean by that?"

"i...a while ago we watched a show together with seungminnie...and...they were all touchy and it made me feel all weird inside,"

"weird...how, exactly, jinnie?" chan looked to be deep in thought.

"like...almost like i wanted to be the one holding jisung. and then yesterday we had lunch together because changbin-hyung bailed on us,"

"you had lunch together? so that's where you guys were. anyway, go on,"

"we...there was a weird waitress,"

chan laughed.

"weird how?"

"she wouldn't leave me alone! and she tried to give me her number and she was being all creepy,"

"she was flirting with you, jin," chan chuckled.

"eww,"

"what do you mean 'eww'?"

"well i was there with sungie!! she wasn't even that pretty!"

"sungie...?? you gave him a nickname!?"

"yeah. i like it," hyunjin's face flushed slightly.

chan blinked. he suddenly figured out what was going on.

"tell me more," chan pushed.

"well...his laugh was so cute- and he was so funny and like...when he ate it was so adorable and i wanted to poke his cheeks. he ate really weird though! he ate like...like a squirrel or something. it was cute though! ugh, everything about him was cute. his hair looked so fluffy and...oh my god what's wrong with me?" hyunjin suddenly stopped his rant. chan was looking at him with an amused smirk.

"jin, you totally like jisung,"

"WHAT!?"