eight

"hyung!!" seungmin called out after jisung, who turned to face him with tears in his eyes.

jisung wiped his eyes and smiled at seungmin.

"do you want to talk, hyung? please don't cry," seungmin pouted.

"thanks, seung, but i really don't want to talk about it," jisung looked like he attempted to smile at that moment, but it didn't work.

seungmin wasn't usually a super touchy person, but he reached out and pulled jisung into a hug, his eyes tearing up.

"please don't cry," seungmin pouted, chin on jisung's shoulder.

"i'm fine, seung," jisung assured him, but it wasn't really that assuring.

"you're not fine, but okay," seungmin let go of jisung and the two walked around the campus a bit in silence.

"actually," jisung had spoken up at some point, "i do actually kinda wanna talk,"

seungmin nodded and jisung launched into a long rant about how he'd already disliked hyunjin but he just couldn't stand how he'd just DONE THAT and he didn't know at all.

"seriously...can someone please tell me what i did?" hyunjin frowned at his friends, nervousness crawling inside him.

"hey chan?" jeongin spoke up.

"yeah?" chan responded, shifting uncomfortably.

"are you still up for helping me re-learn that lesson?"

"of course,"

they were seriously ignoring him.

"guys...please...tell me what's wrong. if i did something i want to know!" hyunjin felt his throat constricting as tears welled up in his eyes.

"everything's just a mess right now, jin," changbin ruffled his hair as he stood up, "we'll all figure it out...eventually," he offered a small smile as he, along with chan and jeongin, left.

hyunjin was alone with felix and minho.

"will you guys tell me?" he turned to them, biting his lip nervously.

felix frowned, and for a moment, hyunjin thought he was gonna say, but he didn't. he just took another bite of his food.

hyunjin turned to minho, pleading with his eyes.

"hyung," his voice sounded broken, but minho showed no sign of caving in.

hyunjin's lips fell into a pout as he looked down at his lap in defeat.

"i just wanted to know what i did so i could fix it,"

"if you really want to know, go to jisung. it's not our place to forgive you for anything for him," minho said.

hyunjin looked up at him, seeing if he was telling the truth.

"so you know too then? you all know what i did...and i don't? why is that fair?" hyunjin wanted to be mad, but he just felt a little...betrayed, "what could i have possibly done that's so bad i can't know about it!? i didn't like, have sex with him, did i?!"

"ew," felix's nose scrunched in disgust.

"you still won't tell me?"

"i said, go to jisung, maybe if you seem sorry enough, he'll tell you,"

"just what did i DO-" hyunjin buried his face in his hands before huffing his breath out in anger and throwing the rest of his lunch away and walking briskly back to his dorm with his arms crossed, just hoping jisung wasn't there. which, he shouldn't be, obviously as he'd decided to move into chan's dorm.

but gosh, he was. hyunjin had no idea why, but when he opened the door, jisung was curled up with seungmin on the couch. he froze in the doorway as they both looked up at him. hyunjin wiped his eyes and debated the pros and cons of staying or leaving. well, it wasn't like he had anywhere else to go.

hyunjin sighed and stepped inside the dorm, walking wordlessly to his room, where he slammed the door and sat down against it, crying and holding his face. he hated having his friends mad at him, and they wouldn't tell him what he did. he wanted to be mad at them, he really did...but he just couldn't, he couldn't bring himself to be mad at the friends he'd loved and trusted so much. what could he have possibly done that was so bad that they were ALL mad at him?? he hated having them being mad at him...he hated it so much. it made him feel like a...a nuisance. did he really cause them nothing but annoyance? that's what it felt like now. he didn't even know why they were mad at him, and it irked him a bit, but it mostly just made him sad. so sad. he hated it so much.