nine

"i seriously wonder if they're like, secretly in love with each other sometimes," felix mumbled out to the other five boys as they collectively watched jisung and hyunjin sit on the bench across the campus yard.

the boys had come to the conclusion that they didn't want hyunjin and jisung being more upset than what was usually spotted by the two, so, they were practically forcing said boys to have a "talk".

"look, i don't really understand what's going on, but they're all mad at me for some reason and i want it to stop," hyunjin huffed, crossing his arms, bitter at the mere thought of his friends being mad at him.

jisung rolled his eyes, crossing his own arms.

"selfish as usual," he muttered.

"can we just get this over with?" hyunjin frowned, "i don't even know exactly what they want me- us to do,"

jisung rolled his eyes again, but less passionately this time, more like he was just too annoyed to talk rather than being legitimately annoyed by hyunjin or something he'd said.

"you seriously don't know?" it was a rhetorical question, jisung KNEW hyunjin didn't know, but just for the sake of it he wanted to hear hyunjin say it himself. again.

"no, i seriously don't. i think i did something to piss everyone off and i seriously have no idea what it was," hyunjin sank down into the bench, feeling jisung's eyes on him.

for a second, jisung almost felt bad, but then he reminded himself why he'd felt this way in the first place. the problem wasn't the worst thing in the world, but it made him feel kinda awful. he just wanted people to respect that even though it may not seem like a big deal, it was to him, and his friends understood that, so he was eternally grateful to them. however, the problem at hand, aka hyunjin himself, had zero idea of what he'd done or the impact it'd had on jisung and his mind.

"are you gonna talk?" hyunjin's voice snapped him out of his trance.

"hmm?" jisung slowly came back to the present, blinking his eyes repeatedly.

"you were zoning out,"

"sorry,"

the two fell into an awkward silence for a moment. the silence was almost suffocating. that is, until jisung spoke up.

"it sounds dumb, but youdiddosomethingtomewhileyouweredrunk," jisung string his words together, speaking quickly.

hyunjin's eyes widened slightly.

"we didn't...did we?"

"ewww...no...if you'd done...THAT, you wouldn't have waken up in the morning. i would never have let you..." jisung trailed off, his face flushing in embarrassment as he looked at hyunjin, his eyes catching onto the little mole underneath hyunjin's left eye before he looked down into his lap.

"then...what!?" hyunjin threw his head back in annoyance.

jisung looked embarrassed, biting his lip.

"can we just...move on and forget about it...please?" jisung didn't answer hyunjin's question, leaving the boy still wondering what he'd done.

"fine then," hyunjin huffed, pushing himself up off the bench, "i'm sorry for...whatever i did. just know i can't be too sincere without knowing what i'm actually apologizing for,"

"yeah yeah, i know," jisung waved him off with a hand, pulling his legs up to hug them on the bench as hyunjin walked off without another word.

jisung found himself reliving the moment when hyunjin was drunk. remembering the feeling of his hands being pushed against the wall and lips smashing onto his. soft lips. they'd tasted like alcohol...but they were soft and pillowy....

he remembered pushing hyunjin off of him and crying in his room, helping hyunjin as he threw up into the toilet, hyunjin snuggling up to him in bed, only to shove him out in the morning. before he knew it, tears were running out of his eyes and down his cheeks onto his knees.

"ji, why are you crying?? what did he do?" jisung looked up at seungmin's voice to see seungmin himself, jeongin, and changbin walking up to him.

"oh...am i crying? he didn't really...do anything. i'm just emotional," jisung smiled weakly.