thirteen

"you think i should what?!" jisung's eyes looked as if they were about to bulge out of their sockets.

"i said if you want to experiment, you should at least start with moving back into the dorm," seungmin shrugged.

"wha- why??"

"did you want to experiment or not!?"

"oh...well i guess...yeah,"

"well i mean unless you want to come up with excuses to hang out with him, i think moving back in is your best solution," seungmin shrugged again.

"i...ugh," jisung whined, "but i told him i wasn't gonna come back,"

"do you want to experiment or not? i mean, unless your pride is too strong for you to man up and try to figure out exactly what you're feeling, that is," seungmin smiled slyly.

nevertheless, jisung did end up moving back into the dorm, collecting his things from chan's room after explaining that "for reasons chan would find out soon enough" he wanted to move back into his old dorm. chan had no problem with it, telling jisung that if he ever needed anything he was always there.

and so jisung found himself unlocking the door as quietly as possible even though he knew hyunjin would be home at this time because all his classes were finished for the day.

"what are you doing here? and...with your stuff at that?" hyunjin frowned at him from the couch.

"i'm moving back in," jisung huffed.

"w-what!?" hyunjin jumped up from the couch, "why??"

"i felt like i was inconveniencing chan," jisung looked down at the ground. it wasn't technically a lie.

"so you wanted to inconvenience me instead, huh?"

jisung didn't look up.

"well...you're used to having a roommate. chan isn't. and i didn't know where else i could've gone. you just...you don't even have to pay attention to me. i'll just like...be here," jisung walked past hyunjin and to his room, his heart racing as he felt hyunjin watching him from behind.

for the rest of the night, they didn't really interact. but in the morning when they both woke up for their classes, they both went to take a shower at the same time. hyunjin had had his towel over his shoulder, clothes in his hands...and no shirt on. jisung gulped and avoided looking at him.

"i'll uh...you can..." jisung cleared his throat, "go first,"

jisung scrambled off and took to the kitchen to make himself some eggs and toast as he waited.

hyunjin came out about ten minutes later with his hair still damp and dripping. jisung stared for a bit without realizing.

"what?" hyunjin frowned.

"nothing...sorry," jisung placed his dishes in the sink and walked past hyunjin briskly, getting a wiff of his lemon-scented body wash and blushing.

"what's up with him?" hyunjin looked after him with a strange look and curious eyes before shaking his head.

why had jisung suddenly decided to move back in after ignoring him and their friends completely for like...a whole week? he'd probably never get that answer.

they lived like that for a while, only awkward passings and lots of apologies from jisung before hyunjin finally decided to ask him what the hell was up with him.

"what do you mean?" jisung scratched his neck nervously.

"you're always so...nervous now," hyunjin frowned, "i was just...nevermind, forget it," hyunjin walked to his room, leaving jisung panicking on the couch.

so much for asking him.